Idiot Roy Moore spokesperson left utterly speechless when Jake Tapper teaches him about the Bible in Congress

In the US there are what are called “programmed” and “unprogrammed” Quakers. The “programmed” Quakers hold more or less regular church services and are basically a Protestant sect like any other. The unprogrammed Quakers are closer to Britain Yearly Meeting but are still regarded as more mainstream Protestant. Programmed Quakers have tried to spread the word in parts of Africa and around 20 years ago a programmed Quaker from, I think, Nigeria, visited England to try to persuade meetings that they had fallen into error.

2 Likes

Donald Trump is so thoroughly a Mammon-worshiper that he can’t even successfully pretend to be a Christian.

2 Likes

It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. Funny in parts, but everyone famous was in it. Many people even appeared as uncredited bit parts, including Moe Howard, Larry Fine and Joe DeRita .

5 Likes

12 Likes

Damn, that is one epic facedesk.

Yoink.

6 Likes

There’s always something extra ghastly about watching a theocrat try to explain why the other guy’s religion is incompatible with American government without excluding his own as well.

The argument that Islamic law is incompatible with American law is downright trivial to make; but it’s the same argument that works on any of the not-notably-democratic-or-church/state-separating Abrahamic monotheisms(among other religions).

When you want to have it both ways, though, and assert that your flavor of theocracy is as American as apple pie and the other guy’s is alien obesiance to a blasphemous mockery, that you end up sounding like a complete idiot.

17 Likes

I wonder what happens if one were to place Crockett in close proximity with Marco Gutierrez. Do they combine like Voltron into a Super-jackass or do they mutually annihilate each other like particles and anti-particles?

Or are they never seen in the same room together?

2 Likes

My family (including my grandfather who was a pastor at a meeting in Indiana) always called them ‘pasteurized’ and ‘unpasteurized’ :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yet another deluded, self-hating opportunist; I swear, I’m starting to wonder if the GOP actively breeds them, like a rabbit farm…

3 Likes

And it’s not even Christmas. Tapper should have corrected him: “I think you meant ‘Happy Hanukkah’. And thank, you.”

6 Likes

Heh, I often told myself that about Nixon, too.

Seriously, I’m not a lawyer, nor a professional of political science. I’m not even a US citizen. And yet I’ve known all the things that confused this idiot for years. At this point it’s not merely ignorance, it’s Ignorance as one of the Great Poisons defined in Buddhist doctrine.

1 Like

I thought the video was buffering when his mouth stuck open. Turned out his brain was buffering.

9 Likes

How many times I’ve seen Homer Simpson do that…

1 Like

The Founder Fathers never imagined that a Muslim could be elected. Hang on, they did.

19 Likes

He’s not a Christian, but he plays one on TV.

Edited to add: And to explain (and therefore kill) the joke for younger/non-usanian people, there use to be a series of commercials for an over the counter medication where an actor would say “I’m not a doctor, but I play one on TV”

17 Likes

Yep. And that’s in the original Constitution, not even the Bill of Rights.

3 Likes

Mine: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/pterosaurs-mark-p-witton/1119704746?ean=9780691150611&pcta=n&st=PLA&sid=BNB_DRS_New+Core+Shopping+Textbooks_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP165115&gclid=Cj0KCQiA38jRBRCQARIsACEqIeuGL5E6fdVg6Up1PXxLtoz7YgHU4uKsZPaR7q-1CPf_LGKNla1dia0aAsQqEALw_wcB

2 Likes

I’d swear in on one just to piss people off

8 Likes

My understanding is that his church was the Marble Collegiate Church, where Norman Vincent Peale was minister for 50 years. Power of positive thinking and all that. So, yes.
After that, you get into a fruitless argument over whether “christian” is simply a group designation or a description of behavior that hews to certain ideals. Not an interesting discussion.

All I know is: lots of people who claim to be christian end up saying that other christians aren’t truly scottish when faced with prosperity gospel.

3 Likes