Alabama Senate leading candidate Roy Moore refers to Native Americans and Asians as "reds and yellows"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/19/alabama-senate-leading-candida.html

2 Likes

“God” is not the answer to the man-made problems of classism and racism.

26 Likes

I’m rooting for Luther Strange, if only because that’s the most supervillian name evar. Well, that and Moore would be perfectly happy with a christian theocracy.

I’m actually inclined to believe the explanation, because I’m not actually aware of any fighting between native americans and asians, so that reading of it makes even less sense than his usual nonsense.

11 Likes

Racial slurs aside, is “Native American people fighting Asian American people” even really a thing that is happening?

21 Likes

“This is the same crackpot who told CNN last week that 9/11 was probably God’s way of punishing non-believers.”

I wonder if Moore would consider the South losing the Civil War as “probably God’s way of punishing non-believers.”

18 Likes

No, if we take it seriously we could end up with crusades and dark ages. It’s happened before.

20 Likes

Sweet baby Jesus! I’m getting some Vaseline before it’s all sold out.

4 Likes

I mean, there’s just no damn way. Not in Alabama.

Maybe in California, when you consider a huge number of the Mexicans that come across the border are frequently at least part native. Almost an abstraction at that point, presuming that because Cali has lots of both groups that occasionally they fight over…stuff? Things? I dunno.

Alabama Senate leading candidate Roy Moore refers to Native Americans and Asians as “reds and yellows”

In fairness, he also said hello to the black, to the white, the red, and the brown, the purple, and yellow.

11 Likes

See, I am Wonder Mike, and I’d like to say hello
To the black, to the white, the red and the brown
The purple and yellow

6 Likes

“We’ve got Armenians fighting Eskimos! Vikings fighting Samurai! Aliens fighting Terminators!”

31 Likes

Well, at least we won’t have to worry about him come Saturday.

This a Handmaid’s Tale morherfucker right here. Only thing worse than GOP general election voters? GOP primary voters. Jesus save us – and I say that as a gnostic nondualist who would claim to understand Jesus waaaay better than any of these ignorant-ass motherfucking self-described Christian conservative fucktards. BLECH. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14 Likes

It’s Alien v Predator dude, sheesh. :wink:

5 Likes

You left out dogs and cats living together.

18 Likes

In Alabama? You take that Godless pet-fraternizing filth somewhere else, mister.

12 Likes

Or alternatively, you just set up the plot lines for season 2 of Westworld.

7 Likes

Maybe this is a reference to the Crimson Tide and the LSU Tigers (Geaux Tigers). SEC football is pretty fucking intense and Lord Jesus’ favor plays a huge role in the outcome of these rituals. Maybe Roy envisions a world peace where the bulldog will lie down with the gator. (See Isaiah 11:6)

4 Likes

This is probably not the worst thing Roy Moore has ever said in public. The guy was notorious for being both a raging bigot and bible thumping horse’s posterior.

Thrown off the bench as a judge twice for showing blatant disregard for Federal Court decisions and law.

Just as a reminder: He is the same POS who got into hot water over ordering probate judges not to recognize marriage equality after it was legal nationwide and defended a ridiculous 10 commandments monument on public land.

17 Likes

“Moore was known to be very strict. Some of the soldiers gave him the derogatory nickname, “Captain America,” because of his attitude toward discipline. His role earned him several enemies, and in his autobiography he recalls sleeping on sandbags to avoid a grenade or bomb being tossed under his cot, as many had threatened fragging the commander.”

He served as an MP in Vietnam. You have to respect the bond he was able to form with the troops serving under him. I wonder if any can be found to share their stories.

He’s gonna be harder to get booted out of the Senate than he was out of the AL Supreme Court.

14 Likes