Ieshia Evans' arrest already "legendary" photo

Full-on Dark Courage

20 Likes

Unfortunately, even if you aren’t charged with anything, you can be held for awhile in most jurisdictions. Usually up to 24 hours.

2 Likes

I know that they can do it. That has no bearing on the outrageousness of the fact that they did do it.

11 Likes

That woman has more courage than all the crazy fearful angry hateful racists in the whole damn fucking country.

12 Likes

The young Pokeman Go Hunters have an unexpected encounter and are unsure how to proceed.

4 Likes

Hey, that’s pretty good!

1 Like

I appreciate the well wishes and love, but this is the work of God. I am a vessel! Glory to the most high!

Um. That’s an interesting choice of words.

2 Likes

Not for a Christian.

6 Likes

An American Christian, anyway. That style of language would be seen as a bit extreme in my neighbourhood even if it was coming from a priest.

Mathew 6:5 seems to be notably absent from most American bibles.

3 Likes

I’m really hating the lack of a ‘See Full Story’ button.

5 Likes

This one’s gonna make some ‘Best journalism photos of 2016’ lists.

4 Likes

What I say, internally upon contact or knowledge of, is that a good Christian is just a good person with a wierdly specific fantasy fetish.

/s ish

1 Like
 poof!

2 Likes
12 Likes

Wait, putting aside all the important aspects of this story for just a moment. Her first name was de-capitalized?

No. It was misreported as starting with an L instead of an I.

7 Likes

How I long for a world where the only issue we had left to protest was that of fonts that don’t have adequately distinguishable glyphs…

12 Likes

@Wanderfound

I assume you didn’t grow up in the US, especially the South.

African-American’s struggle for equality and justice has always been couched in Biblical language. Denied a political voice, and often even literacy, the enslaved and their children embraced their oppressors Protestant Christianity to speak, to struggle, and to organize.

Pharaoah, Let my people go

This woman is standing up to injustice with the language of her forebearers. Why would you deny her that powerful voice?

I applaud the audacity of her courage and the clarity of her speech – while being secretly ashamed that in the America of 2016, my America, she had to do this at all.

About your bible quote. We in the “states” are quite aware of Matthew.

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

This woman put her life on the line because of belief in the possibility of a better world. Isn’t that what Christ did?

17 Likes

I’m pretty sure Wanderfound is an Aussie, unless I’m mistaken.

3 Likes

If anything, it’s a travesty that such a display of courage, grace, poise, and dignity has to be wasted on these cosplayin’ action-figure wannabes:

I hope their moms see them and recognize them.

Christ, if I had to go out in public looking like a cut-rate Master Chief, the absolute least I would require is that I’m facing down some Covenant aliens. Grow up and get a fucking real job, boys. Be useful.

Put the toys away.

Oh, and learn better dance steps. Nobody’s done The Robot in public in a decade.

19 Likes