Ieshia Evans' arrest already "legendary" photo

Not quite accurate, Mr Petersen. That dance form has just evolved.

3 Likes

The cops look like halo’s protagonist (sci-fi space marine stuff) - what an absurd moment in history is documented here.

8 Likes

Our fella’s doing a much older variant.

9 Likes

Yeah, posers and opportunists often mess it up for everyone.

And just because I need to keep my spirits up, Mr. Wiggles, an original hip hop maestro:

6 Likes

The outfits aren’t absurd considering other protesters have lobbed Molotovs and shot fireworks at officers. Police don’t get to know in advance when they are overdressing for an occasion. Losing a finger or toe is kind of a drag. Should they have dressing rooms set up nearby to change out of their Mayberry outfits? Will the protesters give them a “time out” to give them time to get ready?

You make it sound like they’re attending some sort of social gala or something.

12 Likes

And I assume your bible also has Matthew 5:14-16?

[quote]
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.[/quote]

She was not praying in public; she was bearing witness, and not bragging about her own righteousness as hypocrites do; looks to me like she only brought it up because suddenly people want to make a hero out of her.

Seems to me she was doing exactly what the bible commands, And emodying the song I learned as a kid “this little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine”.

And if the cops don’t like it they can sit on a tack.

(I’m atheist now, and while I certainly wish people didn’t believe it requires supernatural action to effect positive change in the world, I can respect someone who walks the walk in ways that dont make the world a worse place. Also, it’s hard to begrudge someone whatever gets them through the day… )

14 Likes

Coincidentally, they seem to also be suffering from a similar deficiency, thougj in their case, it strains credulity to believe it was in them the whole time. I wouldn’t mind if they were ordered to take a long walk to find out though…

2 Likes

Nope, it wasn’t ever in them; no heart, no brain, no courage.

2 Likes

That’s right. If they’re not careful about how they move their arms, they’ll inadvertently reveal the contents of their skulls.

4 Likes

They’re absurd. How many pieces of body armor are replaced annually, nationwide, due to actual wear and tear from weapons (improvised or otherwise) or fire damage?

Or do they just put 'em on now and then to air 'em out, and keep the moths from establishing a foothold?

“Shock and awe” doesn’t lead to peaceful compliance in this country. It’s simply escalation.

10 Likes

I’ll see your Madd Chadd and raise you some criming to Parov Stelar…

2 Likes

Nope, not American.

My comment was really just aimed at pointing out that US Christianity is substantially different from from NotUS Christianity. Florid public expressions of faith are an American thing rather than a Christian thing.

No criticism of Ieshia Evans intended, and I regret the snark about Mathew. It’s not a comment appropriate to this situation; when I typed it, I was thinking in general terms rather than of this particular instance.

10 Likes

I see your Parov, and raise you some Les Twins.

1 Like

No worries.

It’s nice to trade views with folks from different backgrounds.

Thanks for sharing yours.

6 Likes

10 Likes

I can’t stop looking at the photo and how strong and courageous she looks.

11 Likes

I thought that the main reason they wore those outfits was so that their moms wouldn’t recognize them!

This pic looks like she’s found them out, and they are due for quite a scolding!

6 Likes

Or any other country.

It’s very good at breeding hatred, resentment and revenge, though.

We’ve known this since at least WWII. Contrary to expectations, the terror bombing campaigns didn’t sap civilian morale, they increased it. In Berlin as well as London.

7 Likes

I keep coming back to thinking that this photo looks like a still from Heroes or X-Men. The officers look absolutely terrified that she’s about to explode. But when I consider that those stories feature repressed groups fighting for their rights against the establishment, the parallel makes a lot more sense.

5 Likes