If Musk's reason for buying Twitter was to delete the account that tracks his private jet, then too bad for him

It’s early still. Pick one that’s NOT Tesla.

Maybe one that isn’t going to jack up prices unexpectedly.

12 Likes

Well, he does need to replace that 45billion somehow!

8 Likes

Mining the Moon. Mining the moon is next.

7 Likes

Oh I guess mining the US taxpayers is passé.

11 Likes

Honestly, this could work out in Tesla’s favor–if Musk gives the reigns to somebody who can manage the company better than he can. Tesla has problems that Musk doesn’t seem to be handling (such as notoriously bad build quality), and I think Tesla would do better with a different manager.

Having said that, he’s got a reputation as a micromanager. If he tries to hold on too closely to Tesla, SpaceX, the Boring Company and Twitter, he’s almost certainly going to spread himself too thin. Considering that he seems to spend a good chunk of his time shitposting on Twitter already, I don’t think that bodes well for any of them.

I’d add that Twitter is completely different from any of his other companies. While he may have a vision for Twitter that makes it highly profitable, I don’t have that much faith in the judgement of a man who’s gotten himself into multiple lawsuits because of what he’s said on Twitter. Twitter has had trouble monetizing its users, and I’m not sure he’s the guy to fix that.

4 Likes

So that’s who provided the funding!

5 Likes

I assume you mean the Model 3. I drove one not too long ago that belongs to a friend. It’s “ok”.
The fit and finish is horrendous and it squeaked and rattled like a way, WAY older car.
My X3 has 90K on it and it feels brand new compared to his car with a quarter as many miles and 7 years newer.
I’ve been in a Model S before and it’s higher quality than the 3, but nowhere near what other auto makers produce at that price range.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Because the UN didn’t stroke his ego first. Remind you of anyone else?

4 Likes

He’s got nicer legs than Hitler.

6 Likes

Citing one Jeremy Clarkson, the fit and finish on most American cars ain’t that flash.

I’m much more interested in SpaceX and Starlink being successful than I am Tesla.

Tesla builds overpriced, overpowered cars without analog controls and which can be dinked with by the manufacturer via wi-fi. No thanks.

2 Likes

Monetize? Just charge the new owner/user a thousand bucks per tweet. Should help balance the books.

1 Like
6 Likes

Jeremy Clarkson GIFs | Tenor

2 Likes

Obviously, no one actually thinks he’s spending $44b to shut down one twitter account.

5 Likes

He should put it up on Hubzilla, Friendica, Diaspora, Mastodon, GNU.social…basically everything still up here:

4 Likes

Not just to silence a single teen no. But he’s shown an absolutely willingness to use his position as a bully pulpit. This gives him an even greater edge to do so. And he might very well allow insurrectionists and harassers who ahve been banned BACK on twitter, making it an even bigger toxic cesspool than it already is at the EXPENSE of people who are attempting to USE the platform to draw attention to issues that actually matter to all of us.

But who cares if we end up an authoritarian state that kills racial and gender minorities, as long as Elon can continue to avoid paying taxes and say whatever the fuck he likes to anyone at all. /s

7 Likes

(post deleted by author)

What I took from your comments is that the richest guy in the world did nothing to help starving children.

Hell - he doesn’t even pay as high a percentage in taxes that you do. That’s cheap.

9 Likes