If "The Empire Strikes Back" was a James Bond film, this would be the opening credits

[Read the post]

Its not a James Bond opening without a naked woman silhouette. Maybe show a wookie or something.

19 Likes

Not to mention, the theme music should have been ā€˜Coldfingerā€™.

4 Likes

Two of my least favorite franchises in one ignorable package. Canā€™t beat that.

Itā€™s weird, somethingā€™s off about this. There are individual frames/images that are very cool, but I think a ā€œrealā€ title sequence would have a little more of a cohesive visual statement. Like, I really like the vector graphics TIE vs. X-wing sequence. But keep those vectors consistentā€¦when we get to the toy-ish looking snowspeeder flying over the Vader mask, it sort of goes off the rails. But, hey, hereā€™s a person who did a thing out of love and a funny little creative impulse, soā€¦thatā€™s cool :slight_smile:

7 Likes

could work for you, though. minus times minus equals plusā€¦ ; )

2 Likes

Previously on BoingBoing:

ā€¦Ah, but the original video link is dead. I think this should do it:

(The Buddy Rich rendition of ā€œMachineā€ has been in my playlist ever since, and I am so very grateful for it.)

6 Likes

Heh heh, yesā€¦

Thatā€™s no Moonraker.

5 Likes

I was expecting slave Leia silhouettes. (Yeah, I know, wrong episode)

1 Like

Well, as long as weā€™re doing Star Wars via Saul Bassā€¦

9 Likes

I saw Spectre at the cinema but didnā€™t remember the theme song. I later heard the Radiohead submission. As far as Iā€™m concerned, the theme to that film is the Radiohead one. It has the right ā€˜Bondā€™ chords in it.

4 Likes

Man, I havenā€™t seen a Bond film since they started with naked women silhouettes. You mean they donā€™t any more? Kids these days.

I think I stopped with Bond after Connery. I mean to say, the chapā€™s not Dr Who yā€™know.

There were more Bonds after Moore and Connery? Thatā€™s bizarre, is he a Time Lord?

Yeah. For at least the Daniel Craig movies (only ones Iā€™ve really watched because heā€™s cute ^_^), there is a smooth series of transitions the entire way through where the actions hit on the beats of the music.

Agreed.

And whereā€™s the view down the barrel of a gun?

Meh.

That theme is better than the Sam Smith version, but neither of them have any force behind them.

I still think that ReBoot had a better Bond theme than either of the SPECTRE themes:

Nice one. You have earned to go see a star war.

The Radiohead song is way better than than the awful Sam Smith dirge, but the best song that should have been, but never was, a Bond theme is Nina Simoneā€™s ā€œFeeling Goodā€.

1 Like