If you enjoyed the radio shows on Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, here are two hours of Boss Radio from 1968

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/25/if-you-enjoyed-the-radio-shows.html

3 Likes

Awesome! I have literally been wondering if these were available online anywhere. I think the soundtrack for “Once Upon A Time In Hollywood” is one of Tarantino’s best! It feels just like you’re listening to a radio station in SoCal in the 60’s! Thanks for posting!!

4 Likes

I’m going to 3D print case that looks like this, and put a Raspberry Pi in it loaded with recordings of 1960s radio shows.

4 Likes

Hip happening cool cats and daddy’Os!

Cool. Grow up listening to KHJ in SoCal; nice to listen to a bit again.

1 Like

Damn nice mix. No Freda Payne? Zager and Evans?

1 Like

Dean Martin and the Rollying Stones on the same playlist. AM radio (or, as we called it ‘radio’; FM was not a thing then for the most part), well, this was normal… I can remember hearing a new song and wondering: Is that a new Beatles song? Nope. Nights in White Satin. Also can remember wondering who the hell is doing this Lady Madonna thing. Radio was kind of amazing back then.

2 Likes

And… they’d tell you the time! Though we were all prisoners of time, the shackles were still pretty loose back then - and you didn’t even need to wear a watch - thanks to radio.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.