If you have testes, should you ejaculate more often? Yes. Yes, you should.

Originally published at: If you have testes, should you ejaculate more often? Yes. Yes, you should. | Boing Boing

4 Likes
13 Likes

That said, I highly advocate sex positivity and self stimulation within its proper context (a safe, private environment where everyone involved is fully consenting.)

19 Likes

charlie day lol GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

19 Likes

mostly for the choreography

17 Likes

Hesitant to watch this one at work for obvious reasons, so maybe it’s answered in the video. But wouldn’t this imply that a vasectomy would significantly raise your risk of cancer? Very much hoping that is not the case, for both personal and societal reasons.

15 Likes

I worked with a young guy years ago who was a devout evangelical Christian, and who also had really backwater views about human biology.

He insisted it “backed up into your spine” and drove you clinically insane. So, while masturbation was a sin, and adultery was a sin, he still had to sin as a biological necessity, and god would understand. He chose adultery (or so he claimed.)

6 Likes

Still havn’t seen the inevitable “I’m properly handling the health of my prostate right now!” post yet.

10 Likes

From having watched the video (and also being snipped and having the same question), it sounded like the sperm cells get reabsorbed with no ill effects, but that the “prostate stagnation hypothesis” posits that prostate fluids may increase the chance of prostate cancer if not ejaculated out frequently. This shouldn’t be affected by a vasectomy.

That said, a google search for “vasectomy prostate cancer” finds mixed results in studies, some showing a slight increase in cancer risk, and some showing no increase and calling it a myth. I figure that, even if there is a slight increase in risk, it’s still probably worth it.

28 Likes

jizz in my pants GIF

Do you think the reporting on this research is a bit premature? :thinking:

9 Likes

Wow. I mean, one of them is literally listed in the ten commandments, and the other is a vague interpretation of what, specifically, the sin was when Onan went against the word of God and refused to impregnate his sister-in-law.

But I guess it just goes to show that when you’re religious you can justify your sins using whatever textual interpretations you like.

19 Likes

Thank you. And agreed that it would still be well worth it if the increased cancer risk is slight.

2 Likes

Masturbation cures cancer! World rejoices.

7 Likes

They talk about 21 times a month being a high rate of ejaculation so I had to google what’s normal.

What Is The Average Ejaculation Frequency By Age? | Allo Health.

According to a study published in the journal Urology, the average ejaculation frequency among men aged 18-24 is around 10-11 times per month, while among men aged 50 and over, it drops to around 5-7 times per month.

7 Likes

I would theorize there should be some interesting future studies on prostate health and working from home.

9 Likes

Obligatory.

Starship Troopers GIF

19 Likes

office space o face GIF

1 Like

I remember reading a study more than 20 years ago talking about this. It specifically found the benefit was limited to masturbating - it disappeared if respondents were ejaculating from having a lot of sexual intercourse instead. The assumption was that sex introduced unknown cancer-causing viral infections that undid the benefits, which is a real cheery thought.

They did the study then amended it with another decade of research, so [insert innuendo for whatever the opposite of premature ejaculation is].*

*Insert inuendo, snicker.

9 Likes

4-7 per month is low frequency. Cool, cool.

So for those of us on the ULF band we should go see our oncologists now I guess.

Army Multiply GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

5 Likes

Curious how old the study is - am I THAT much of an outlier?

I have to believe that with the vast assortment of easily-accessible, sexually-stimulating media we all have access to within a couple of keystrokes (huh), the average has gone up dramatically in the past decade. I mean, do you really think I’m just going to the bathroom in there?

11 Likes