If you’re like me and can’t get enough of the Georgia Guidestones, here are a couple of new resources to occupy your time

Originally published at: If you're like me and can't get enough of the Georgia Guidestones, here are a couple of new resources to occupy your time | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I feel bad about the local tourism and granite industries, but the stones themselves sound powerfully obnoxious. Like, some rich person couldn’t get Omni magazine to publish their half-baked crank eugenics manifesto so they carved it on some big stones to make it seem like God saying it.

I’d also feel bad for the tourism industry if other Georgia attractions got dynamited.

2 Likes

No mention of John Oliver’s recent segment (recorded before the guidestones were damaged and literally the first place I ever heard about them)?

The revelation of the QAA podcast on the Guidestones is that (spoiler): the anonymous creator of the Guidestones was, far from being a “liberal globalist” as such, was a white supremacist Christian, and a racist “to his fingernails.” Ironically, the ambiguity of the monument was its downfall. If he had been more plain about its meaning and his ideology, there would have been much less hostility to his monument, and it would undoubtedly have been protected as a landmark of “heritage.”

Sure, blowing up the side of a mountain where literally thousands of people go each week sounds like a great idea. /s

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.