Watch: a visit to the mysterious Georgia Guidestones

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/26/watch-a-visit-to-the-mysterio.html

5 Likes

I keep meaning to go check this out…

7 Likes

Let’s hope that KenM gets to leave his/her mark for the coming millennium, as well.

3 Likes

Man, that is some Dr Bronner’s level gibberish.

7 Likes

The people of the 1980s were ancient and little understood.

20 Likes

Especially in rural North east GA!

7 Likes

The first two rules have a whiff of … something evil about them. Not sure how best to put it but it’s not something I care to think about too much.

5 Likes

They pretty much come straight out of the eugenics ideology.

9 Likes

ah, Malthusian eugenicists. a plague upon mankind and a dark chapter in our history.

3 Likes

That’s the word I was thinking about. But it’s combined here with a green aesop, not sure on what end of the spectrum the builders were. Fascists or hippies, it’s still chilling.

2 Likes

Given it’s location, I’m not at all surprised to see eugnenics thinking tied up with some kind of environmentalism. It’s a rural county, with probably lots of people who hunt. Many hunters tend to be concerned with at least some sort of rural and natural preservation. But this is also still rural GA in a majority white county, where such views about humanity are probably considered common sense views about humanity.

2 Likes

Is there an artist who goes by Cranksy?

8 Likes

Take pics and post if you go! When you go!

Also 500 Million people? That is A LOT of dead people if we wanted that number today. I suppose if we had negative birth rates across the world we could reach that number in awhile. But mostly that number seems arbitrary.

The rest of the stuff is fairly groovy.

3 Likes

As well as some serious wars, natural disasters, or pandemics…

Agreed. It is.

Yeah, the other ones aren’t too bad at all.

4 Likes

It would involve killing off about 93% of the world population, so yeah, not that great.

3 Likes

Ooof- you got dark fast. And that is coming from someone who gets pretty dark, LOL. Nice job.

3 Likes

It’s true, though! I’m not advocated for those things, just noting that they could have a serious impact on the global population that current is over 7 billion people.

4 Likes

So this is still standing, then? With text like that I reckon someone out there (with sufficient sanity to obtain the necessary resources) would surely feel completely justified in running this thing over with a bulldozer in the middle of the night, or at least covering it in indelible graffiti.

ETA:
d92c75825dedc287cc15c3a830d6c1c5--simpsons-funny-simpsons-quotes

2 Likes

Apparently, that’s happened a couple of times now, although it wasn’t until about 2008 or so.

4 Likes

And where are they now?
The little people of [the mysterious Georgia Guidestones]…
And what would they say to us?
If we were here, tonight…

7 Likes