If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

I think Ray Harryhausen may have grown my pepper.

16 Likes

I didn’t take any pics but today I learned about Cindy Sherman.

at this place.

So go look up her amazing work online.

10 Likes

14 Likes

In a recent survey, a plurality of Americans said they prefer well-done steak:

9 Likes

Did they ask about ketchup?

10 Likes

14 Likes

Peak Missouri Ozarks:

16 Likes

Nice. What park?
And I should get back to the home state for a bit.

6 Likes

On Slabtown Bluff, Mark Twain NF near Beulah. That’s the Big Piney below. I floated this river twice last summer

8 Likes

Must tie-in all the things, part 2

Hmm [thoughtful look] if Kylo Ren and Rey endorse this convection oven from GE…

12 Likes

15 Likes

this woman’s hello kitty cozy made me smile. I asked her if she’d built it from a sleeping bag, she said, “sorta”… and there wasnt time before the light changed to have a deeper conversation about it.

16 Likes

I knew I didn’t trust YouGov polls for a reason.

4 Likes

Believe it or not, I’ve been there.

4 Likes

Duh, you can’t Force things to cook quicker.
You can burn stuff…

5 Likes

I wouldn’t buy one of those. They’re likely to explode if you block this one small thermal exhaust port.

11 Likes

That trail kicked our butts! It was poorly maintained and marked. The blufftop portion was easy, but then it went down a 45-degree slope via switchbacks, very exposed, and we ended up hacking through about a half mile of cat’s-claw by the river edge. This trail would be impassable in the summer. But the great views were worth it.

8 Likes

Are you sure about wanting to come back? Yesterday I was hiking in shorts in near-70° weather, breaking a sweat, but today:

This state makes me crazy sometimes

16 Likes

Okay I don’t miss that.

10 Likes

Even a dusting like that will shut down a good chunk of southern Missouri, especially if it’s the first snow of the season and nobody’s ready for it yet. Many of those rural routes aren’t paved.

8 Likes