If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Oh yes, I know it well. Are you from MO?

4 Likes

I’ve lived there, but I’m not from there. It’s been a couple decades since I’ve been there.

3 Likes

Kinda like Australia at the moment. Much of the east and west coasts and across the north are burning at the moment and expecting catastrophic bushfire conditions today, with temperatures in the mid-high 30s (about 100°F). Meanwhile, in the south-east, it was 33° last week, 28° yesterday and a maximum of 15° is forecast for today.

But according to the Fed Gov, now is not the time to talk about climate change because it’s not appropriate to politicise the issue. The PM has offered thoughts and prayers to those affected by the rampaging bushfires. :unamused:

7 Likes

Sounds like you have the same weather we do.

Oh shit, you mean Celsius

9 Likes

I was thinking this post

would go much better as a reply to this post.

7 Likes

BUT i can still read the time on those?!?..real 80’s kids know you have to cover a good portion of the face with a protector :wink:

protectors

10 Likes

OMG, I had forgotten about those… mainly because when I was a kid, I wasn’t able to afford a swatch watch…

7 Likes

I had one of these.
I was such a cool kid.
I loved that watch.
One of these statements is not true… :grimacing:

e605de4505964cfccf49ddcc4bcaff1c

14 Likes

Neat… that’s a collectors item by now…

9 Likes

Lost a long time ago in the weeds of a playground far, far away.

13 Likes

K-mart knockoffs for me. but the protectors covered much of the brand imitation shame. also traded a kid for a real clear one, which was the peak of cool, you could see the parts and people hadn’t really done that much yet.

Went great with the vuarnet sunglasses and bugle boy jeans rolled up. :nauseated_face:

9 Likes

I do remember the k-mart knock-offs as well!

Score!

7 Likes

You would be a cool adult if you had one of those :grinning:

8 Likes

I had a watch with a photo of then-President Nixon’s face on it. Obviously, a gift from a grownup.

I kid you not.

Does that make me one of the cool kids? (No, no it does not…hangs head in shame)

13 Likes

I had a friend who did the multiple watches thing. But they were all calculator watches.

6 Likes

Deep woods, or abandoned lot adjacent to an auto repair shop next to my office?

11 Likes

Perfect for Monarchs!

11 Likes

13 Likes

Learjet playing cards:

#luxe

15 Likes

Earthquake on flour mountain!!

19 Likes