If your favorite evil sci-fi corporations had new rainbow logos for Pride month

A stark reminder of cultural differences :confused:

Clockwise from the top left, that’s Aliens , Robocop , Terminator and Blade Runner

FTFY, @thomdunn

3 Likes

E-Corp is clearly modelled on Microsoft, not Enron, right?

1 Like

10 Likes

But the logo is clearly directly from Enron (and the producer said so).

1 Like

Yeah. My culture is that I have integrity.

Corporate culture is: if you give me two dollars I’ll beat my best friend with a pool cue till they get detatched retinas.

4 Likes

Edited for a better version (still rough, but better):

rainbow yoyodyne 2

4 Likes

I mean I don’t follow what the producers say but the way the company looked and behaved, the kinds of services they offered, the company culture just looked so microsofty to me.

1 Like

Can someone with better photoshop skills than I rainbowfy the Eye of Sauron? (I tried, but couldn’t make it look any good)

Omni Consumer Products from ‘RoboCop’.

I agree with your statement. But, I would also say international corporations allow for cross pollination of culture. I mean historically, merchant trading, and alliances between families and inter-marrying is what has spread various cultures throughout the globe. One specific example I can think of is Islam propagating initially in the Philippines through trade.

I am not claiming this is an active exchange, but a subtle one through exposure. For example, if one were gay or of the mind of pro-gay rights in the middle east, an international company with an office in your country might be more welcoming.

But yes - in general I share your pessimistic view of corporate culture.

1 Like

I thought this was going to be, like, General Atomics, Boston Dynamics, Monsanto, Comcast, …

3 Likes

3 Likes

does it bother anyone else that the color bars don’t break in logical places for a bunch of these? looking at you, tiny sliver of purple in Wyland-Yutani and Cyberdyne. also, why wouldn’t you do the six colors into the six faces of the Galactic Empire logo?

sorry, I get the “lazy corporate overlords doing the bare minimum to look like they care” thing, but it still bugs me when the designs could be better.

1 Like

Somewhere in the Twitter thread I did see Raytheon.

Edit

Yes it really bothered me. Some had better versions further down.

or to the point where open support has become a moral good that is valuable enough to be sold for more than open resistance or indifference can be.

“NormieCorp never used to want my widgets. Now, they’re stealing them from me so they can sell them! They love me after all <3”

2 Likes

Wow, BMW sure has come a long way…
540x360

(yeah, I Godwinned it. But just goes to show that these corporations would eat their own mothers if it turned a profit.)

6 Likes

Apple can’t even put the effort into getting the colours right. It’s probably Steve Jobs interfering with form over function again.

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Republicans supporting the thin blue line for Pride.

After all, if there weren’t any cops then Stonewall wouldn’t have happened (Or the Cooper Do-nuts riot or the Compton’s Cafeteria riot).

1 Like

4 Likes