Illinois police say legalizing weed will result in euthanization of drug-sniffing dogs

Yes, but those are edibles. You have to take it easy on the dosage.

11 Likes

Hmm, that must be why they never send their fellow officers to jail: they have dogs at home that would have to be euthanized.

2 Likes

Yep, self-appointed.

Also worth mentioning: Howard Buffet is Warren Buffet’s son.

Macon County is insane.

2 Likes

"because what will become of all the dogs trained to ferret out the deadly drug? "

Deadly drug? Only if your a bag of Cheetos.

4 Likes

know what though? Someone shot that dog. :frowning:

Roger That

2 Likes

You are so right, but what most people don’t know is what goes on behind the scenes in K9 training. Whether it’s bite work or scent detection, there is a lot of abuse, and even torture of the K9’s, including slow strangulation by hanging (to unconsciousness), and kicking in the stomach and groin. And this “training” is ongoing for as long as the dogs are “employed.” When they are not in use, or being “trained,” they are put in solitary confinement, usually in a kennel in the handlers’ backyards. The combination of physical abuse and psychological abuse is why the handlers understand that it’s difficult to rehome the dogs - because they have been badly treated (no matter what they tell you in the media) and can be unpredictable. I worked in law enforcement for 18 years, and have endured retaliation (from severe harassment to attempts on my life) for my efforts in exposing this dirty secret.

My reply to someone else seems to have gotten buried, so forgive me if I restate my case. A lot of people seem to be under the impression that police ‘favor’ K9’s over everyone else’s dogs. I have been trying for a very long time to expose the fact that it is VERY different behind the scenes than what is presented to the public, and have become very well aware of the “Code of Silence.” K9’s are routinely tortured (including slow strangulation to unconsciousness by hanging) in “training,” which is ongoing for their entire working ‘career.’ When they are not in use, or being “trained,” they are kept in solitary confinement (psychological torture for a social pack animal) in a kennel, usually in the backyard of the handler. Even the officers who believe that they love their dogs, don’t have the courage to stand up to the “rules” of torture disguised as “training.” Although I don’t know if links are allowed, I can use the words Stop K9 Torture to suggest a place to look. And if anyone is interested, I have further information and evidence, from many years ago up to the present.

Actually, no, it would maybe be the opposite. At JUCO a friend had an Akita that was supposed to have been a failed police dog. That is one that went through the training but washed out. She didn’t like the smell on drugs on people, at all.

1 Like

Editor’s note: this report originally stated that the Ontario Provincial Police had no plans to retrain drug-sniffing dogs, based on information that the OPP provided to Global News. The OPP has since stated that this information was incorrect and that it is retraining the dogs.

4 Likes

is that one of those euphemisms?

6 Likes

Oh man, having your mom walk in on your monkey smack is what causes loads of therapy bills in the future.

8 Likes

When the UK was debating banning fox-hunting in 2004 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunting_Act_2004) the hunt owners said that they would have to kill all their dogs. It was banned and no dogs were killed. Last desperate bluff by people whose time has come.

7 Likes

Sounds very presidential.

“If I don’t get what I want, then I’ll break everything.”

3 Likes

It’s a police dog. It’ll indicate whenever you tell it to.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/cutasterfee/status/991350401223012353?s=21

10 Likes

How about sloth sauce?

1 Like

Holy crap, I thought you were kidding.

2 Likes

Not according to my cats.

3 Likes

Also these beagles are not allowed to leave the airport because nature will drive them mad.
https://www.cbp.gov/border-security/protecting-agriculture/agriculture-canine

1 Like