Illustrious resumé of New York GOP congressman is work of fiction

And he’s stepped down in shame giving his seat to his former Democratic rival, right?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…no no no. He was given the illustrious Rittenhouse award.

3 Likes

Actually seems preferable to an actual Goldman Sachs alum

Whoever his benefactors are, they’re worse than Goldman Sachs, or he wouldn’t have pretended to be something else. That’d be like telling an arresting officer, that you’re not driving drunk, you’re just a little peaked from selling heroine and crack all day.

6 Likes

Legal questions are likely to dog Santos long after he presumably is seated in January. It will be up to his district constituents and the press to keep the pressure on Santos and to hold him accountable for any lies, cons, or illegal behavior. We’ll also have to see what action the Justice Department might undertake in light of the Times report, particularly over questions around Santos’s financial disclosures, who is bankrolling him, and that pesky criminal summons he fled in Brazil.

Right, so if everyone does the decent thing, the Republicans could lose the seat. sigh.

15 Likes

The only legal pathway to removal is the 14A sec 3. The state has no recourse to remove him and he can hold his seat from prison. Maybe, if he’s indicted, his resignation could be a stipulation of a plea deal.

11 Likes

Can he can vote from there, too? :thinking:

3 Likes

I don’t think so. I think you have to be present. But it’s seats not votes that determine the majority in both houses.

4 Likes

I was thinking in terms of passing legislation (and considering how many might get charged by the DOJ and convicted of something before their terms are over). :crossed_fingers:t4:

7 Likes

For sure. DOJ should be serving up a side of 14A with every Jan 6 indictment, IMO.

9 Likes

Looks like his claim of being Jewish may also be false. Is nothing about him right? I’ll bet his glasses are non-prescription, worn for appearance!

7 Likes

Their side dish is our dessert.

8 Likes

except for the vote of house leader. if he were in jail before the vote, it’d give democrats a slightly less impossible chance of selecting the leader despite the republican majority

( realistically it won’t happen but it would be amazing )

5 Likes

Some Repubs are even threatening to cross the aisle.

Maybe Obama? Michele, of course.

GIF by Giphy QA

6 Likes

We should claim he was funded by George Soros, just to get his colleagues to attack him.
/s

I still wonder who paid off "Justice” Kavanaugh’s debts, and made him rich.

2 Likes

If only New Yorkers had listened to Jason Torchinsky when he called out this lying liar last year:

11 Likes

Unfortunately, probably not. Last person of significance to be extradited from Brazil was Carlos Wanzeler, co-perp of TelexFree Ponzi/Pyramid Scheme that involved MULTI-BILLION bucks in US and Brazil back in 2010s. Wanzeler wasn’t extradited for many years, and he had to be stripped of his Brazilian citizenship by Brazilian court (in 2018) and I believe was eventually extradited back to US in 2020 after exhausting his appeals.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.