I'm glad I don't have to think what to say soon!

Alright! That’s more like it! Have you seen the latest SpaceBot?

2 Likes

Ethernet hardware manufacturers have definitely dropped the ball on the audio front. A bit of a chore I have considered doing is soldering transistors to the LEDs on my router so I can sonify the indicators.

3 Likes

Reminds me of this snippet of telephone conversation between myself and my brother several years ago (not verbatim, obviously):

Me: Pretty crisp these days. Leaves are turning earlier than expected.
My brother: Awesome. Look, I’ve got thirty minutes and it’s been a month since we last spoke. Stop talking about the weather. Tell me about what’s going on in your life.

He’s like this with pretty much everyone. I have much to learn from him.

11 Likes

TBH, I’ve used the auto-reply feature in Goog’s Inbox to respond to emails from people on this board.

@japhroaig you have my most sincere deep-dish olive-topped pizza-esque apology.

5 Likes

You’ve got a cooking show! Let me guess… was it fried spinach?

6 Likes

And the Tuscan kale is next!

4 Likes

Maybe he found “other” work, like Clippy…

3 Likes

Tell me how you felt about rejecting microsoft bob.

2 Likes

Tell me how to feel about rejecting microsoft bob. lol. lmfao. xx.

You seem to have some difficulty expressing emotions.

2 Likes

Actually it’s about repressing emotions. I’m very ebullient. Allo helped with the last bit based on my previous history of correspondence.

Tell me about your mother.

2 Likes

@japhroaig is out of the office, and will be returning when he damn well pleases. If this is an emergency please contact japhroaig’s manager, Jenny, at 867-5309.

6 Likes

I have a company cell phone (because my employers eventually realized I’m not going to get one of my own) that runs Windows. It’s pretty great for $65.

It suggests words for me when I’m texting, based on prior use frequency I guess. So it only takes 4 taps to text someone “I’m on my way”. Great timesaver for me.

3 Likes

But does it put stupid animation effects and ‘stickers’ all over the conversations?

2 Likes

Jenny, Jenny, who can I turn to?

3 Likes

9 Likes

I was so proud when my Windows phone learned my patterns of profanity. I suppose that might be a liability for those with friends who tut-tut such wording.

7 Likes

Heh. Haha. My mother was a daughter. Tsk. Where is my dog?

1 Like

What makes you believe Sounds great. Let me know more.?

2 Likes