Impressive video of a deer leaping right over a speeding car

Originally published at: Impressive video of a deer leaping right over a speeding car | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Amazing; glad there were no collisions.

11 Likes

That is truly my kind of joke.

4 Likes

SPOING!!!

4 Likes

This happened to me once on the highway at dusk driving back east from western NY. I was going ~85 in the left lane and it leapt over the hood of the car… Was one of those life-in-slow-motion and not-realizing-fully-what-just-happened and being-scared-after-the-fact kind of moments.

8 Likes

You’re damn lucky that deer made it over, if it hadn’t and at that speed it would have likely been right through the windshield and into your lap.

5 Likes

Season 6 What GIF by Paramount+

2 Likes

And if it’s a moose, well…

3 Likes

What do you call a deer with no eyes and no legs?

Still no idea.

6 Likes

Only one eye deer

What do you call a blind deer?

No eye deer

Something, something, ISO 3888-2.

4 Likes

I guess the most accurate description would be to say that the car passes beneath the jumping deer, rather than trying to pinpoint whether the deer was above the car or not? Both are moving, after all.

Also: that is one hell of a lucky driver - and one hell of a bad driver, given that they didn’t brake at all.

I had a similar lucky moment, stopped in heavy traffic in Rockville, MD. A large buck came barreling out of shrubbery right at my driver’s side, and at the moment I expected some sort of impact, he went aloft over my trunk.

To be fair, I drive a Miata so it probably wasn’t much of a challenge, but when you have a soft top, you’re acutely aware of all the extra weird ways you can be injured.

1 Like

Indeed. Hence the intensity of the after fact scared shitlessness.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.