In custody battle, Alex Jones is claiming to be a "performance artist"

He’s gambling that his fans are too stupid and ignorant to care. Admittedly, there are worse bets.

18 Likes

Alex Jones is a false flag. That… makes too much sense.

15 Likes

Where we usually are. One step below the rest of humanity, one unfathomably enormous leap above Alex Jones.

The same way as it usually does, except quieter.

Who would knowingly copulate with Alex Jones? Never mind, I don’t want to know the answer.

16 Likes

Also, if we take him at his word and accept the idea that he doesn’t believe a word of the insane vitriol that he pumps out as part of his schtick, what then?

“It’s okay; he’s not a paranoid delusional racist bigot, he’s just a complete and utter fucking sociopath who would pretend to be a bigot for monetary gain”?

Sounds like a great environment in which to bring up kids…

25 Likes

Alex Jones, public enemy #2.

3 Likes
12 Likes

Back when he was more of a libertarian, he had anger management issues with other people at the public access studio. Maybe he mellowed out (on a personal level anyway) as he skid further into Bircherism?

EDIT: meant “slid” not “skid” but I guess it works either way

3 Likes

Son of a mime, here. I take great offense at your remark, which I will express thusly;

19 Likes

That’s a good point. His ardent followers will likely just see this as a canny maneuver: “He’s so clever that he’s pretending that all of this is fake so that he can screw over his ex-wife, but we all know that uncovering these conspiracies requires covert operations!” etc.

9 Likes

8 Likes
4 Likes

Isn’t he supposed to be Bill Hicks? Maybe that will be his claim, that Alex Jones is a constructed identity entirely, and that he doesn’t owe child support because he’s actually a comedian who faked his death in the 90s.

5 Likes

Any person who has their own radio show is playing a character to some extent or another, with very few exceptions. It’s pretty naive to believe otherwise. It doesn’t make him a good person though.

2 Likes

He may have become the custodial parent if she in fact left him and had signed a prenup in which if he has all the means, and she has nothing; and leaving him was a result of their fractured relationship and she cannot prove he is a harm/danger to the kids…then the state would award placement to him.

If she is now contesting that he is a harm and danger to them, it is most likely to reverse that initial decision.

Just a guess based on what we know.

1 Like

Nah, anyone who believe Alex Jones is real will just see it as something he HAD to do to fight the system. That you can’t have those opinions and be free in America because the Enemy will crush you. “See, every time he says it’s an act he blinks. That’s a code showing he is making statements under duress.”

Honestly, part of me is relieved he isn’t really bat shit insane, just willing to cater to the crazies to make a buck.

Also - who is The Enemy? Is it these guys?

8 Likes

I love you so much, and I didn’t mean to get you up here, sweetheart, and tell people how much I love you, but you’re so handsome, and you’re a good little knight who’s going to grow up, I know, to be a great fighter against the enemy.

I’ll be honest…does this not sound weird to anyone else? I have two sons, I have never called them sweetheart. I’ve never called them good little knight’s. And I’ve never suggested they would grow up to fight “the enemy”. I have told them how much I love them, and that I do think they will grow up and fight for what they believe in. Which feels very different than the tone above.

12 Likes

I think there’s a very big difference between the persona and character someone uses on-air – such as Howard Stern being “Howard Stern”, the radio personality – and claiming that his persona and everything he’s saying is just a form of performance art. That’s a whole new level of deception.[quote=“Mister44, post:35, topic:99134”]
Nah, anyone who believe Alex Jones is real will just see it as something he HAD to do to fight the system.
[/quote]

Exactly, they’ll say how tricksy he was to wink-wink “play a character” to bilk his ex-wife out of alimony.

4 Likes

I know it’s exceptionally difficult to make this into a legal argument but that sounds like an admission that he’s willing to yell “Fire!” in a crowded theater if someone will pay him to do it.

7 Likes

Didn’t the Trump White House try this defense already?

(Paraphrasing)

Don’t assume the president means any of the things he says because that might make our laws look prejudiced

6 Likes

More likely Sam Kinison, but I remember Kinison as being relatively sedate in comparison.

6 Likes