In his latest IG post Mark Zuckerberg rides a waterski waving an American flag to the tune of John Denver

Originally published at: In his latest IG post Mark Zuckerberg rides a waterski waving an American flag to the tune of John Denver | Boing Boing

3 Likes

“This is what normal humans do, right?”
“Yes Sir.”
“Shouldn’t I, like, have a t-shirt cannon as well?”
"Next time, Sir.

31 Likes

Drinking is a time-honored American pastime, demonstrated here by the conception of this plan. The inebriation was probably long past by the time that they executed it.

4 Likes

24 Likes

Have they fixed the “uncanny valley” flaw in his smile algorithm yet?

15 Likes

Normal American propaganda is pretty sophisticated, but that is Soviet in its ineptness. (Ineptitude? )
Who does he think he is kidding?

7 Likes

He looks like an action figure

5 Likes

Is that a water ski though? isn’t it a Hydro foil? Also I saw this on FB and assumed it was a deep fake. but now I don’t know and JFC why.

11 Likes

We’re seeing a lot of weird end-timey behavior among the billionaire class lately. You know, trying to fly into space, acting like a Florida swamp messiah, having their personal life collapse over their private-island pedo temple visits, that sort of thing. But the first rule of the end of the world is: there’s no such thing; there’s only the end of you.

Billionaires don’t deserve sympathy, but it must be a headfuck. You start out as some regular middle-class person, or even an old-fashioned patrician type like Gates or Musk, and suddenly one day you’re this bond villain weighing the pros and cons of hollowing out a volcano.

If it’s the nineties, and the world still seems to be running on an even keel, maybe you can feel some kind of normal. But when unstable weirdness stalks the land, and your baseline reality is already an acid trip, it’s got to be very hard to maintain any kind of a grip. Everyone can see it’s monstrous that these people exist, and on some level they must feel that more keenly than any of us.

We should be trying to set up some kind of rescue plan for billionaires who’ve fully departed their gourds. Everyone could be so much happier if they were offered witness relocation in exchange for donating their assets to a medicare-for-all transition fund or something. Zuckerberg doesn’t like this existence. It’s cruel to force him to continue.

38 Likes

It may very well be a post on the pier.

1 Like

None of these fuckers started out middle class.

13 Likes

But did he jump the shark?

17 Likes

Other than him posting something like “I’ve donated $3 billion to the American Cancer Society”, everything about him makes me say “what an asshole”.

7 Likes

I like the John Denver.

9 Likes

Honestly, if my principal could afford one of those water ski-jet-thingamabobers, this is exactly the sort of thing he would do, to build team spirit.

God, I hate my job.

15 Likes

Look on the bright side: at least your principal hasn’t done irreparable harm to democracy…yet!

7 Likes

Tax the rich…

9 Likes

Given FB’s bans and sanctions re Trump and the loony Right, MZ might be attempting to paint a patriotic picture that’ll fool the more violent quarter.

2 Likes
8 Likes

EeLtDm3WsAI35XB (1)

2 Likes