In Ireland, Mike Pence stays at Trump’s Doonbeg resort 150 miles away from VP's meetings in Dublin

Considering Doonbeg is on the opposite side of the country, the equivalent would be staying in LA for a meeting in DC.

Even further than Tipperary.

5 Likes

There’s too many sweet girls in Tipperary for the VP’s liking.

1 Like

This is my money, wasted on jet fuel to enrich a fraud and a fool.

You or I, no law degree, could prosecute an Emoulments case with news coverage and WH receipts as sole exhibits and Nancy Pelosi is waiting for, what, more bad news? Worse crimes?

This is naked, impeachable, demonstrable corruption.
Nothing happens. I’m literally starting to wonder why anyone bothers not breaking the law. It’s working out great for all the wrong people.

7 Likes

Well, I don’t own the police and the military, and have a pretty good amount of melanin. so…

7 Likes

One of my friends has a motto “100 miles in the UK is a long distance - 100 years in the US is a long time.” The roads in Ireland are a lot better than they used to be, but 150 miles in Ireland, if you’re driving, is a LONG distance. There is a film (movie) called Poitín (Potcheen) which has a car chase taking place on Irish roads. It is the most terrifying car chase I’ve ever seen. The roads are narrow and one-track with passing places. The chase ends quite suddenly on a jetty in a lake. Having lived in and toured Ireland I am slightly surprised to learn that ANYWHERE in Ireland is 150 miles from Dublin (Belfast is only 60 miles from Dublin), but I daresay it’s true. It has either taken some careful planning or taken absolutely no planning at all.

8 Likes

One of his press people actually said “For anyone who thinks Mike Pence is anti-gay, please note he is having lunch with the Taoiseach and his partner”.

Big “I have a black friend” energy there.

14 Likes

the roads have improved but Google reckons it’s still over 3 hours from Dublin to Doonbeg (which is in the arse end of nowhere).

Trump didn’t even visit Dublin as they wanted to avoid protests etc. As mentioned in the original post, Clinton and Obama were greeted like conquering heroes in Ireland but it’s no secret Trump is held in very low regard pretty much everywhere outside the US.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Transits are pretty nippy, which is why bank robbers liked them.

2 Likes

requesting his hosts to have “respect for the UK’s sovereignty”

Oh no. Oh God noooo …

3 Likes

True it’s a different country, but I do remember a concertina instructor that I took lessons from, Noel Hill from County Clare, saying how well-regarded Clinton was across both.

1 Like

I’ve also heard it compared to staying in upstate NY in a small village past Albany for meetings in New York City. Who would avoid the largest city in the area, where your business is taking place, to stay in a sleepy hamlet? If Pence had to pay for it out of pocket he would opt to stay in Dublin, but since we foot the bill . . . .

4 Likes

The car chase.

6 Likes

Is Iontach é! Wonderful! Thank you very much!

3 Likes

And then dumps on Ireland as he leaves, but sure what can you expect from the same Cawley, bloodlines as these and the man so evil he was simply known as ‘‘The Beast’’

Yep, he really did piss everybody off. What leverage Trump and his puppetmasters have would be an amazing thing to know.

Can you imagine Cali deciding to secede and saying they didnt want to contribute to USA but wanted to be able to trade world wide and undercut and dump stuff into all the rest of the states, wanting no border but refusing to promise not to abuse it if you allowed no border and still be entitled to all the rights they had as a US state… UK have done EXACTLY what China have done, they promised all sorts of things during the negotiation and then when it came to ratification they said they wanted to pull everything they promised out but want all the rest left in… can ya imagine Leo Varadkar having the GALL to say America are the disingenuos ones, we have had 100’s of years of dealing with Britain and EVERY time they try to pull this, they are low down conniving weasels

I saw Clinton in Dublin when he came over, massive crowd, he got a great response. They shut down half the city. Obama was bigger by all accounts, but I think it’s fair to say Clinton was more than ‘fairly well liked’.

Pence on the other hand:

2 Likes

Well, with all that surplus income from the coal jobs and other industries that Emperor Trump, the Chosen Messiah, has brought back, the faithful are more than happy to fund such expeditions with their tax dollars… Meanwhile, those of us living in the real universe…

1 Like