In-N-Out pledges to use only beef not treated with antibiotics for its burgers

I never drank at work* but I often took 32oz shakes home for dessert and would put amaretto or Kahlua in it. I wasn’t a whisky fan in my 20s’.

*I tolerated a small amount of pot smoking in the walk-in refrigerator.

5 Likes

Are you the sorta dude that would receive a hug from an old man?

2 Likes

been known to happen.

6 Likes

Do they still put Bible verses on their wrappers and cups? http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/inandout.asp

I’m sure it’s a tasty burger, but I’d rather not have my burger wrapper and drink cup get all Evangelical Christian proselytising to me.

2 Likes

Ok I know you said don’t… but now I’m curious. Ima get ya started, k?

3 Likes

Fresh, frozen, days old … White Castle burgers look and taste the same. They also smell the same after being, uhh, fully processed.

I was fully convinced that if prohibition ever came back, White Castles and Skyline Chili would go out of business. But I’ve grown to enjoy both.

For a truly fantastic burger, it has to be a green chile cheeseburger. Not some hopped up “Santa Fe Style” pretender burger. But an honest green chile cheeseburger. Ubiquitous in New Mexco. Preferably Hatch grown Sandia Hot. Even the 99 cent version at McDonalds is miles ahead of fancy regular burgers elsewhere. Get one at Lotaburger, and you’re a winner. Make one at home, and you’re in heaven.

But I must caution against a serious downside: having to smuggle the stuff if you don’t live in NM. And nights crying when you run out.

1 Like

Try ordering them ‘human style’.

For the record: Whataburger.

Well it’s not really a big gripe, it’s more of me missing an entitlement.

When they switched over to a Espresso/Shake/Smoothie setup rather than just the traditional shakes the price shot way up from like $3.00 for a large 32oz shake to $5.00 for like a 16oz shake.

Really it’s just me being pissy. The shakes are still good, just not good and cheap.

2 Likes

Do not blaspheme the Skyline! Cheese coneys are nature’s most perfect food.

Those are good… though I didn’t know they don’t use antibiotics (or if this is what you meant).

In that same geographical area, I also liked Braum’s burgers, and their crinkle-cut fries (haven’t visited Braum’s in years though).

1 Like

Braum’s still makes a solid old fashioned burger. Their beef and dairy comes from their own cows and freshness is not an issue. But for a fast food burger joint, Whataburgers selection, value, and taste wins IMO.

1 Like

Q: How do you make an antibiotic?
A: Don’t pay her!

1 Like

I actually prefer 5 Guys, to be honest.

That’s cool, not judging, but jealousy doesn’t become an issue?

Or did you mean all ground up?

4 Likes

Well, In-N-Out used to put scriptures on the bottom of their cups (along the inside edge), and the son who was the CEO and died in a plane crash in Santa Ana gave money to Operation Rescue when he was alive. He’d probably said he had morals.

I’ve never eaten there, but my husband has told me that In-N-Out had dialed that shit back a few notches.

See my post above.

On a similar note, I’d be lying if I said “Chik-fil-a does not make a good sandwich.”

1 Like

I refuse to eat there, too.

Too bad every fast food place isn’t linked to born-again type religions that marginalize certain groups of people; I’d be so skinny!

Chemicals, man – it’s all chemicals.

1 Like

And? How did they taste?

6 Likes