In New York City, "1 bath" means a bathtub in your apartment's entryway and a toilet in a closet

It’s a bit inconvenient to get to, but it is a very good water saver since the grey water goes right into into the tank for the next flush. But it doesn’t look like you get to choose to turn it on. It’s just the tank regular fill water supply activated by the flush valve. You really don’t want to clog that drain (there does seem to be an overflow drain, but this rig still makes me wary of flooding.)

I have this view of Manhattan

And these guys hanging around

Urban North NJ is surprisingly full of critters

7 Likes

jennifer lawrence did an interview about sleeping with rats… amoungst other things…

3 Likes

Mini tub is squeeee

or squeezey

Is there a kitchen?

Or bedroom?

1 Like

Jokes on you, I’d honestly love to live above the Mason-Dixon. I have a long term goal to move back to Michigan. However, I have the absolutely magical good luck of living in a district with a good special ed program so I’m here at least for the next 8 years.

1 Like

As a born and raised Kansas native, this just gives me horrible anxiety to see. I need the open space. I couldn’t do NYC. I don’t have the soul for it.

1 Like

I without question honestly love it here and our special ed programs are quite good. I wish I could recommend our state government, but until my quest to have the Western Reserve returned to Connecticut succeeds, I’m stuck with it.

I’ve never had a bathtub in my kitchen, but this place is much nicer than a lot of places I’ve lived. More expensive, too, but then, I’ve never lived in NYC.

6 Likes

Wait a week and someone else will post an article on here all about how this toilet is a super cool space/environmental saving hack :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think I might be showing my class alliances, but a bathtub in the kitchen is actually pretty normal (as is the sinkless WC) in older buildings. There are objectively terrible kitchen bathtubs/shower setups, where the landlord couldn’t be assed and just crammed something inappropriate in to a space that was never meant to have big plumbing fixtures, but this just looks like a Manhattan apartment that nobody has had the chance to flip yet (and you know the flipped apartment will be on some 22 yr old’s influencer account a an inspirational marvel of tiny house living, built with the cheapest, flimsiest, least sustainable/most toxic materials possible).

The New York Times will absolutely paint them as pioneers them in the real estate section.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.