In Russia, power pole runs into you

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/18/in-russia-power-pole-runs-int.html

4 Likes

The Russian dashcam video is my go-to YouTube genre when I need a reliable:

How the fuck is that even a thing :interrobang:

fix.

22 Likes

Maybe they’re trying to winnow the population of texting drivers. But they missed a golden opertunity to put signs on them that say Vlad the Impaler.

17 Likes

Hiring comedians for road work has its limitations, apparently.

17 Likes

It would have had a guy-wire anchored on the other side. Global Warming melted the perma-frost so the anchor pulled out.

2 Likes

It’s Russia. They have a centuries-old tradition of drunken civil engineering, and people not giving a shit about their work.

13 Likes

12 Likes

7 Likes

0 foot 0 Bridge.

4 Likes

the pole at around 20 seconds doesn’t look so great either…

17 Likes

Since Yakov Smirnoff is the most famous Ukrainian who has ever pretended to be a Russian, I’m surprised he’s not in the news more these days.

I’m hoping he’s going to end up being the main impeachment witness.

11 Likes

I have a feeling that both poles used to be on the side of the road… until they widened the road. The dispute about whose job it is to move the poles (or which budget will bear the cost) is probably still going on and on.

10 Likes

9 Likes

On so many levels, Russia seems to be an obstacle course.

7 Likes

No news is good news, as they say.

WIKI: After a successful career in television, movies and Broadway, Smirnoff turned his mind to understanding the mysteries of happiness. In May 2006, he received a master’s degree in psychology from the University of Pennsylvania. He has taught classes at Drury University on this topic. He also gives seminars and self-help workshops on the topic of improving relationships.He earned his doctorate in psychology and global leadership at Pepperdine University; graduating on May 18, 2019.

15 Likes

“What a country!”

11 Likes

I stopped watching at that point, thought, “well at least they put a sign on it, better than I expected.”

Silly me.

9 Likes

My favorite joke of his:

“Did you know they do routine condom testing? I want that job.”

2 Likes

…or you could go right ahead and just block the road

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.