In search of the perfect screwdriver

That first image of Savage immediately made me think of this:

• and then I laughed like the idiot 12 year old that I am.
2 Likes

I’ve learned that it does not make any difference how many one has, either – they will always be elsewhere.

3 Likes

This is my favorite multi-use one so far. The shaft reverses so you have a double headed flat bit and a #2 and #3 Phillips bit on each end and the receiver end fits standard bit drivers and extensions. The handle is nice and chunky a works well when wearing gloves. $10 bucks at Home Depot.

5 Likes

Those Stanleys are indeed nice. I’ve only got one, and that triangular handle is great for grip and torque.

2 Likes

It’s a Roughneck 7" flat pry bar. Its only job is stop me blunting and bending the screwdrivers. I was tempted to get a Wonderbar but I felt it was too wide.

3 Likes
  • 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger good quality vodka
  • 6 fluid ounces pulp-free pure premium orange juice
  • ice cubes

pour in glass, mix well.

9 Likes

I’ve just discovered this!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stanley-55-045-7-1-2-inch-Wonder/dp/B00002X1XS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=20BWJXWXOJWWS&keywords=Stanley+55-045&qid=1645551013&sprefix=stanley+wonder+bar%2Caps%2C934&sr=8-1

It’s EXACTLY what I had in mind.

Ah, yes. Those are handy little nail-pullers when the nails are in tight.

1 Like

1 Like

neva’ gonna’ happen, I promise

specially treated to smell like unicorn puke when they get old

2 Likes

Aye, there’s the rub(bing alcohol).

My favorite screwdrivers are the ones in my iFixit kit. One of the most useful gifts (if not the most useful) I’ve ever been given.

1 Like

If you’re using a non-ratcheting screwdriver, what are you even doing? I have one with multiple bits that store in the handle–and the handle can operate either straight on for tight-space jobs, or, with an adjustment, as an L-shaped handle for additional leverage when you’ve got the room.

i find that a blend of two parts mineola tangelo/one part honey tangerine/one part blood orange gives the best balance of tartness to sweetness for a screwdriver. all freshly squeezed, of course.

2 Likes

I find that the tips of those wear out pretty easily, generally mid-turn, especially on higher-quality screws.

David Tennant Zap GIF by Doctor Who

Seriously, has no one posted this yet???
I am disappointed

9 Likes

Bahco, for reasons described in an earlier thread on Weras:

1 Like

I haven’t bought a screwdriver in probably 30 years. I did buy a very nice mechanics toolkit for our RV about 6 years ago but no individual screwdrivers in years.

These are more than enough.

3 Likes

No love for Wera?
This is little torque driver is probably the most expensive screwdriver currently around me.

I also love the ifixit driver set for electronics.

1 Like

Ultimately it comes down to personal preference. I thought the weird handles on the Wera screwdrivers were a bit contrived until I held one and looked at what my fingers were doing and then the handles made sense.

I’ve only had them for a couple of weeks but so far, I love them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.