In the White House the liar tweets tonight

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/23/in-the-white-house-the-liar-tw.html

16 Likes

Brilliant :heavy_heart_exclamation:

It’s an earworm already, but I could listen to that all day.

I went over to YouTube and subscribed to the channel.

Don Exotic, lyin’ king!

13 Likes

I laughed and grinned for the first time in a few days. Thank you so much to the people who made this.

15 Likes

I fluv this; will be resharing.

@fiddlingfrog Thanks for all the embedded vid reposts here’s one so you don’t have to:

*walks off singing

:musical_note: "Vote him A-WAY! Vote him A-WAY! Vote him A-WAY! "

17 Likes

Love this! Look at all of those awesomely reasonable people who don’t get nearly enough exposure in the media!

12 Likes

I want to find out where to get that awesome “Trump _ Putin” shirt!!! Arghh!

4 Likes

Well, I guess now I know what the soundtrack of my cranium will be for the next few days… thanks?

3 Likes

It’s good. It’s very good. But…I see a certain lack of color in the room, especially for an Afropop parody. Might we see a re-cut with people of color included?

7 Likes

As a person of color, I’m individually quite okay with that.

This catchy lil’ earworm of a message likely isn’t intended for Black, Brown or Yellow folks who werent likely to vote “Orange” anyway. That would be “preaching to the choir.”

IMO, this is a direct message to all the White non-voters and anyone who else isn’t a deeply entrenched part of 45’s cult.

18 Likes

Double kudos for attributing Solomon Linda. My parents used to sing it for me when I was very young. Having had find childhood memories of that song, When I learned about the story, I felt the betrayal as if it was my own, as if I was the one betraying the original author and interprets whenever the song came to my mind.

5 Likes

As a person of not much color most of the year, I cringed pretty hard at that aspect, too. But your point is pretty reasonable, we are definitely not the target audience here.

5 Likes

488cfa5ce8272921014216dc9b272db6071be93b_1_500x500

15 Likes

Good one.

7 Likes

This has been going through my head since a friend emailed me the link early this morning, and I’m perfectly OK with that.

Yeah, the DNC should turn this into a campaign ad and pay whatever the networks want for a 2:30 block of airtime at 8:00 pm.

9 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes
1 Like

Heh, they just played it on the radio over here.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.