In true Trump fashion, Truth Social is not paying its bills

I knew it…

25 Likes

The Russian word for “Truth” is “Pravda”, do you think that it’s a coincidence that Trump named his network after the old Soviet propaganda newspaper?

12 Likes

I’m sure any day now he’ll pivot and start acting p̶r̶e̶s̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶i̶a̶l̶ post-presidential.

5 Likes

You were foolish to trust him…

10 Likes

Even so, I imagine that beating resembles a Laurel and Hardy skit where they’re unloading 2 X 4s from a flatbed pickup truck.

11 Likes

Boom!

Anyone with any brains would have run the trademark before launch, to prevent any costly name changes down the road, but to Trump, the future is a foreign country.

Might as well rename it to Done.

14 Likes

With You Know Who, the adjectives just write themselves.

What a surprise.
His whole life has been a ponzi scheme variant.

Which is why anyone doing business with this crook at this point won’t get sympathy from me when the inevitable happens.
ETA:

Well, that explains it.

10 Likes

JMHO: True believers wouldn’t have made a fuss about not being paid, much less charge them very much at all. Then again, even true believers must have their limits.

7 Likes

Name it after a company currently in legal hot water for being very … lax … with prescribing amphetamines? Seems on brand.

5 Likes

Clem Nobrain living by the skin of his teeth in Horseshit, Montana who sees Trump as a charity case and therefore took out a second mortage for donation to Trump? He won’t understand the webhost’s move at all.

7 Likes

I find it difficult to muster sympathy for anyone willingly entering into business with this flagrant fraudster at this point. He does this more or less every time he does any kind of business with anyone.

5 Likes

And most of them have bills to pay (like uplinks) and can’t get away with stiffing their creditors.

4 Likes

frog-scorpion

11 Likes

The original cartoon, because I had to figure what else was covered over in the one above.
help_political_cartoon

10 Likes

I’ve known friends who have owed something small like $600 to their ISP and the provider puts a lien on the domain name. How nice would that be to have Truth seized? And why hasn’t that happened?

7 Likes

What’s the old saying? “If someone owes you 1 thousand dollars, you own them. If someone owes you 1 million, they own you.”

11 Likes

I remember that his penchant for stiffing contractors was brought up prior to his run in 2016. The articles at the time also mentioned that all the contractors in NYC have simply doubled their prices whenever they bid on Trump projects.

5 Likes

I don’t understand why anyone, contractor or otherwise, would willingly bid on any Trump project, considering his well known penchant for weaseling out on his bills. “But surely it won’t happen to me!!!”

6 Likes

Unless they stipulate half up front and double their prices.

But that still doesn’t work, because he sues his contractors and claims they didn’t do it right. So, yeah, no one in their right mind would quote on a job for him.

7 Likes

Or they’re Freeze Peach Enthusiasts like Cloudflare and Kiwifarms.

3 Likes