In unhinged Truth Social post, an infuriated Trump accuses Biden of being angry

Think he’s mad now? Watch what happens when he drops below 40% in the polls!

20 Likes

I think Biden may hold the award for shortest timeframe between making a hard decision and being shown that it was, in fact, an excellent choice.
He’s probably feeling like the smuggest bastard in the entire DNC :laughing:

16 Likes

As an asshole ex-landlord, that must really hurt.

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

14 Likes

GOOD TAKE! I like that a lot!

7 Likes
13 Likes

Yes, but he’s a hereditary slum lord.

11 Likes

I like to think that Biden deliberately hung on until just after the Republican convention in order to mess with the Republican ticket and get the attention away from Trump. For Biden, waiting for Trump to commit to Vance as a running mate before he (Biden) stepped down as a candidate was a master stroke.

21 Likes

Biden when he realizes it’s time to retire from the Presidency:

bilbo-age

Biden when the Democrats ask him to help with the next campaign:

another-adventure

21 Likes

Ann Telnaes, a political cartoonist with the Washington Post. Unfortunately, she only posted that to Twitter, so i downloaded a converted to a gif.

8 Likes

Holy crap, that entire op-ed sounded like one of Trump’s Truth Social rants. She’s just confidently stating completely imagined motivations of everyone involved as if they are known facts.

It’s going to be a glorious coronation — except that everyone’s mad at one another.

Top Democrats are bristling with resentments even as they are about to try to put on a united front at the United Center in the Windy City.

I know the op-ed was written before the convention started, but it’s super clear now that the unity in the party is sincere. These people just cannot imagine that there are politicians who might do things like setting aside their own personal ambitions to do what’s best for the country.

Also, for the record, IT’S NOT A FUCKING COUP, YOU EMPTY-BRAINED NUMBSKULLS!! Joe Biden is still the President of the United States. The party primary and candidate nomination process is not in the Constitution. These are entirely internal party activities to decide who gets to put a (D) or an (R) next to their name on the ballot. Anyone who was born in this country and is at least 35 can still run for President. If Gavin Newsom really, desperately wanted to run for President, he could have. If the parties wanted to determine their candidate by rolling a D20, they could do that. If they wanted to determine it by having the contenders play a round robin Risk tournament, they could do that. If they wanted to randomly select their candidate from voter registration rolls, they could do that. What happened on January 6, 2021 was an attempted coup. What happened a month ago was not.

29 Likes

ragingtrump

9 Likes

The exact same author was also calling on Biden to step down for the good of the party just in June, too. Apparently the main thing is that the Democrats are wrong, and self-consistency is no more important than reality in coming up with reasons why.

19 Likes
16 Likes

Well it was supposed to result in a ratings boosting, newspaper selling free-for-all melee battle for the nomination, culminating in absolute chaos at the convention. And I will admit, I thought Biden stepping down would send the Democratic Party into chaos. Unlike Maureen Dowd, I can gleefully admit that I was wrong. She just makes up a narrative that the unity is surface deep, and everyone there secretly hates each other.

20 Likes

You hit on what is so dangerous about the “coup” nonsense: pretending that this is even in the same ballpark as what was attempted on J6 fundamentally mischaracterizes both events and only benefits Trump and the insurrectionists.

Withholding or withdrawing political support or money is NOT a coup, it’s any party member and/or donor’s right to do so if and whenever they choose. Attempting to overturn election results with the mob violence IS a coup. Conflating these concepts is not just ridiculous, but dangerous.

Whether or not Biden’s relationship with Obama or Pelosi or Clooney or whoever is damaged as a result of their conversations with him might not be absolutely last on the list of things to give a shit about, but it’s pretty close!

20 Likes

TFG projects like an IMAX theatre displaying trailers on the moon.

7 Likes

Well, whoever relinquishes power for the greater good is definitely one thing:
Y4L9DnT

11 Likes

I am hoping that he needs more ketchup than that on November 6th.

8 Likes

Look out for Trump and his sad little freight train of resentment that is careening down the tracks toward a disappointing November…

8 Likes

And Obama’s -still- making fun of him.

Double Sad.

10 Likes