In wake of terror attack in France, Newt Gingrich wants first amendment repealed in America

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/07/15/in-wake-of-terror-attack-in-fr.html

2 Likes

Goddamnit Newt, you were doing so well this week too.

7 Likes

Until Trump tossed his hat in the ring, this guy was the biggest asshole in American politics. Still a close race.

37 Likes

The Supreme Court has ruled (see “Berman vs. FEC”) that non-citizens do not have the same First Amendment rights as citizens. I agree.

Anyone who comes into this country as a non-citizen and advocates for female circumcision, laws against blasphemy, and execution of gays is here at our sufferance. And I prefer not to suffer them.

2 Likes

Trump, it’s not too late! You can always change your mind!

6 Likes

Do you also support waterboarding to get “the truth” out of them? And aren’t you even a bit concerned that say, those who advocate for a woman’s control of her own body could soon end up on your kick-em-out list?

39 Likes

The irony that the First is what allows him to spout his gibberish is utterly lost on him, isn’t it?

38 Likes

Cheney.

5 Likes

So, let me get this straight, anybody who approves of the bit in the Bible where Samson commits an act of mass terrorism against the Philistines - a suicide demolition - is a potential terrorist and should be locked up? After all, his status at the time was that of a Mullah (a judge). We can’t go around just ignoring the separation of church and state, can we?

8 Likes
Sharia is incompatible with Western civilization. Modern Muslims who have given up Sharia, glad to have them as citizens. Perfectly happy to have them next door.
And he thinks he's going to make it to VP under Trump with that Soft-on-Terror stance? What a Loser! Doesn't he realize that it's Us versus Them, and we have to do all we can to ensure that Them has as many Thems as possible? What's the Trump Wall for, if not to keep out all the Muslins?*

• Trump 2016!
5 Likes

Dang, Rob, how much are you regretting your citizenship decision these days?

8 Likes

Are you thinking of McCutcheon v. FEC? I can’t find a Berman v. FEC.

Just think, he could be living as a citizen of the Enlightened Democracy of post-Brexit UK in which Boris Johnson is Foreign Secretary.

13 Likes

Not like his other citizenship is for somewhere saner.

6 Likes

“deport all those who believe in ‘Sharia’”
Does that include all people who want to dismantle the constitution and institute a theocracy? Because if so, I might actually be able to get behind this,

Well, most Republicans would very much like to get rid of it, ironically.

33 Likes

I dunno considering what is going on over on the other side of the pond he still may have made the wiser choice.

9 Likes

Anybody who goes on a website favoring ISIS, or Al Qaeda, or other terrorist groups, that should be a felony, and they should go to jail.

Violation of the First Amendment: check
Completely unenforceable: check
An attack on scholarship, study, or simple curiosity: check

I’m sure I could go on listing the problems but I don’t think I need to.

32 Likes

Please. do you honestly think all Muslims believe this, even some majority? That’s patently ridiculous. Besides that, plenty of our citizens, born and raised here believe in similarly offensive things.

30 Likes

Whoops, how could I forget about that? Out of the frying pan and into the fire, then!

3 Likes

Oh, but the bible is different, you see. Christanity isn’t a blasphemous faith, like Islam… don’t you keep up with your Jack Chick tracts? /s

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0042/0042_01.asp

13 Likes