Incel terror killing at erotic spa

Brian Tamaki can go eat a box of dicks.

Also, people obviously can go to church, if they want. They just can’t all go at the same time. Also, ISTR there being something in the bible about showy displays of worship, and worshipping in private.

One the the neat things about sex work being legal is that folks in the industry qualified for the government wage subsidy, so there was no financial imperative to continue working in order to, you know, eat. Or make rent.

Which, naturally, helped with overall compliance and reducing the risk of transmission during lockdown.

So much actual winning.

38 Likes

Is this meant to be a reference to Steve King asking when did white supremacist become a dirty word?

17 Likes

I don’t know the answer to the whole question but to the pertinent part isn’t it “immediately”?

8 Likes

might have been a reply to this that didn’t get connected right

4 Likes

ds9-sisko-what

34 Likes

I guess the incel who mowed down people on the sidewalk in Toronto kind of wore out the “mentally disturbed loner” excuse.

6 Likes

No, see, but murderers RUINED it for the rest of men… Hating women is just natural, don’t you know? /s

26 Likes

It isn’t!?
Shit, that’s going to come as a hell of a surprise to some folks!

17 Likes

But then you take matters into your own hands and DO the inviting.
I have a feeling that’s a step that doesn’t occur to a lot of people.

7 Likes

You have to add a big /s to that last sentence! :rofl:

2 Likes

But then people might not turn up and then you’d risk looking like a dick.

I’m not sure how it’s then preferable to immediately start plotting murders.

10 Likes

Not being Canadian, am I right in assuming he used a machete because he couldn’t easily obtain an AR-15?

1 Like

And, honestly, even if you aren’t sold on that, please keep it to throwing your life away; not dragging other people into it.

22 Likes

Well, not exactly - the term was coined in a completely different context in '93 and that first community, run by the queer woman who founded the term, was apparently a supportive, heavily female, left-leaning environment. That didn’t change until the coiner gave up control of that community and it began to be appropriated by right-wing anti-feminists in the 2000s, who quickly turned the term into the exclusively right-wing, racist, misogynist cultural identifier we now know. That right-wing anti-feminist terror movement already existed, as a more nebulous, disorganized thing, well before that, but they coalesced around the label as a semi-organized movement.

So there was a (feminist, inclusive, left-wing) “incel” community for quite a while, but yeah, the term relative to a movement was always about that right-wing misogynist horrorshow.

28 Likes

These comments only really make sense to me (the misogyny bit aside, I got nuthin’ for that) in the context of someone who self-identifies as an Incel, using the definition is the post (people who had no clue how to meet and talk to the opposite sex), and is feeling like it’s been appropriated by some really bad people.

If this is the case (and this isn’t just trolling), then i would suggest abandoning that label. It’s toxic.

I think others have addressed the misogyny thing pretty well.

6 Likes

It’s also hard for the socially awkward. I mean being a kid involved a lot of awkwardness but some are naturally more so, I know I was despite having a group of friends. I didn’t date and I never really connected with people in the way most did, I still have a lot of trouble making friends.

21 Likes

Yup. I first learned about the history of this when cory started talking about it and it surprised me - a safe space for those who couldn’t find a partner eventually being taken over by irredeemable misogynist arseholes because the toxic ones were the only ones to remain once those who eventually found love left the support group. Like the ‘red pill’ being appropriated by the far right and MRA misogynist arseholes! There’s a depressing pattern here…

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/05/08/intel-involuntary-celibate-movement-218324

21 Likes

Though I am surprised sex work is allowed right now. Brothels here in Melbourne are closed until we get to phase 3 re-opening and the “massage” places down the street from here are definitely closed.

1 Like

UGH.

I’m just gonna link what I’ve written previously:

My deepest sympathies to the victims.

32 Likes

As a minor, I doubt he could legally own any guns.

2 Likes