Incel terror killing at erotic spa

In Canada you need a licence to own or acquire firearms or ammunition, regardless of what type of non restricted firearms they may be…you can’t get one if you’re under 18, although there is a special licence for minors to use firearms. At the time of this crime, AR-15 style firearms were available in Canada legally, this is no longer the case due to the mass killing in Nova Scotia (conducted with illegally obtained firearms, apparently ); exceptions are made for Indigenous hunters (apparently there are a large number of Native hunters that use Ruger mini 14’s for hunting ). In Toronto, a motivated youth could probably obtain an illegal handgun relatively easily; this is an ongoing issue there.

8 Likes

This is a bummer. How sad for this woman and her family and friends.

The Incel movement is waiting and ready to scoop these kids up. Is there an alternate movement out there that could scoop them up and teach them how to be nice and get along?

2 Likes

Sweet, I’ve been dying for an “incel” thread on BB so I can post a comment about how incels are bad! (And the implication is that I’m good, because I said incels are bad!) I set a high bar for myself, today.

Too bad the guy turned violent before he could get some life experiences under his belt and blossom into a full-blown misanthrope! That is the one true way to live one’s life. But you have to become a misanthrope who knows sometimes the banal can also rescue you or distract you from your own problems as readily as it can alienate.

Hardly.

Not everyone commenting here is “virtue signaling.”

25 Likes

Good luck with that…

9 Likes

So orgies are limited to 9 people,. Got it, thanks.

7 Likes

I’ve been waiting for Jordon Peterson’s Lockstep Lobster Brigade™ to show up, since this did happen in his home base Toronto after all. Where are they, I wonder?

(And a rub 'n tug is an “erotic spa” nowadays? Man I’m getting old)

4 Likes

Well it is the ultimate"holier than thou" argument ever

Nine other people …

3 Likes

Well 9 other people …

3 Likes

lol, snap :smiley:

4 Likes

My god, if this kid hates women so much, why didn’t he just grow up to be a Republican Congressman where he could do so much greater damage to women?

3 Likes

This right here is important. I don’t like the way a lot of men are so quick to distance themselves from this line of thinking without acknowledging that it has its roots in our existing patriarchal authoritarian society. It’s only been about 50 or 60 years since a woman had to have her husband’s permission to open a bank account. Most women are still barraged with media imagery that forces us into a madonna/whore complex tug of war with ourselves. Thanks for sharing.:v:t5:

17 Likes

I remember a wife having to get permission and co-signature during the mid-1970s, so more like 40-45 years ago. Just a blink of an eye, really.

14 Likes

Okay, I get it, sarcasm.
However, what popped up in my mind was what John Scalzi said about the failure mode of clever.

11 Likes

Allow me to oblige; I fluv that quote, and his blog in general:

25 Likes

Swiped for my ever-expanding catalogue of memes’n’stuff, thanks!

8 Likes

I made it to be shared and enjoyed; all yours!

:wink:

10 Likes

Um… wasn’t @jandrese saying “why are people reluctant to use the term ‘misogyny’”?

5 Likes

Just to be clear: