Indiana Jones 5 will be about the space race and Nazi rocket scientists!

Huh, I never noticed that he was driving a tank when Indy pushed him out of the Zeppelin!

6 Likes

It was a Red Bull stunt where they dropped a tank out of one zeppelin and the guy from another zeppelin got in mid-air.

10 Likes

Yeah, 4 was just like a live action cartoon…done poorly.

This one sounds interesting, and of course Mads playing the villain as he does so well. Sounds like space + time travel.

4 Likes

Rocket Ship Galileo?

2 Likes

Not a fan of nuke-proof refrigerators and silly CGI gophers?

4 Likes

I think I’ve already seen a leak from the new Indiana Jones film, and it looks awesome!*

*excepting the misappropriation of Baron Samedi.

4 Likes

… balancing the tank on the skateboard turns out to be the tricky part

5 Likes

More than anything else, the CGI on the vine swinging was just plain horrible.

Cheesy acting - a large part of IJ movies. Totally fine.
Crystal skull exploding head/ants eating bad guy - bad guy dying messily is a staple
Ungodly amount of nods/fanservice - loved it. Sorry not sorry.

1 Like

Ok, so hear me out. Indiana Jones goes to space, where Nazi scientists have been trying to construct a portal to a dimension where they won the war. He stops them but in the process is sucked through time and space, deaging him (now played by Alden Ehrenreich). His rocket is found by scrap collectors who drop him off on nearby planet Corellia.

9 Likes

…high jinks ensue?

4 Likes

Nazis on the moon. Son of a–

5 Likes

That wasn’t really the CGI artists’ fault; you can’t make a cartoony stunt like that look convincing because vine-swinging isn’t a viable mode of human transportation outside of comic books and cartoons. Even monkeys don’t do that in real life, they just swing from branch to branch using their elongated arms.

5 Likes

Did he, though?

5 Likes

Nazis on the moon!

5 Likes

“He swings faster than speeding vehicles?” “That’s what we’re going with”

3 Likes

Humpback whale avatar checks out

2 Likes

Will there be Schwarzkommando?

They covered the “fighting the bad guys while standing on/hanging from fast moving vehicles bit”, although they wisely handed that one off to Shia LaBeouf’s character. He was a skilled fencer! Indy was a fist and guns kind of guy.

1 Like

Looking forward to it.

For the record, Crystal Skull is fine. Not great—just okay. Like, sick-on-a-rainy-Sunday-with-nothing-else-on okay. Temple of Doom on the other hand is completely unwatchable*. And I’m right because five of us saw it opening weekend and hated pretty much every minute of it. Only rewatched maybe half of it in the decades since.

*Easily Spielberg’s worst movie, and yes I’m including 1941.

1 Like

Opinions will differ!

I’m just glad that Ke Huy Quan has finally returned to screen after a very long hiatus.

7 Likes