Indiana Senator Braun is open to interracial marriage becoming illegal in the United States

Originally published at: Indiana Senator Braun is open to interracial marriage becoming illegal in the United States | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 3.07.07 PM

36 Likes

Of course you can. Why wouldn’t you be able to eat the cake? That’s the whole point of having the cake in the first place.

The lesser-used but actually sensible version of the proverb is “you can’t eat your cake and have it too.” Because you can eat something that you have, but you can’t have something you’ve just eaten.

As for Braun, he can eat shit.

73 Likes

The whole laboratory of the states idea seems calculated to appeal to any value-pluralists still kicking around, but there’s a depressing nation wide homogeny about abortion bills, about book bans, about attacks on trans people, etc, etc.

I guess if any legislators beholden to ALEC attain power this is what we have to look forward to-- the return of anti-miscegenation as a ideology.

22 Likes

FIFY

28 Likes

GOP’s comments are now bursting forth from a malignant open sore.

20 Likes

Are the GOP close to the bottom yet?

30 Likes

I used to think so, every fucking day. Then it’s tomorrow, and some asshole has dug deeper.

46 Likes

Only a GOPer could answer that; they see what’s at the bottom and yearn. (So pissed, I can’t even spell today!!!)

16 Likes

I wonder if Braun was ever a fan of Jackie Kennedy given that whole “drop of blood” thing.

9 Likes

Now he’s predictably and unconvincingly trying to walk it back.

Later on Tuesday, Braun released a statement saying he “misunderstood” the reporter’s questions and instead said there’s “no question that the Constitution prohibits discrimination of any kind based on race.”

Uh-huh.

36 Likes

Now we can call him a lying racist boob.

28 Likes

So I usually refrain from actually watching the video in these type posts, but I made the mistake of clicking this time.

Asshole’s smug motherfucking CHUCKLE as he answered?

27 Likes
16 Likes

The GOP are confident enough about the Supreme Court that they now use it as a threat.

29 Likes

Get Fucked.

18 Likes

As noted elsewhere – specifically meant as a cruel statement against a woman who is in an interracial marriage:

40 Likes

Also noted elsewhere: the most reliably conservative SCOTUS judge is also in an interracial marriage, though I guess that’s no guarantee that he wouldn’t rule in favor of overturning Loving v. Virginia if he had the chance.

44 Likes

And I am open to something curtailing the good senator’s career in politics once and for all.

As someone in an interracial marriage, who has a good deal of family in them, my reaction to this (insert favorite expletive here) is best done in gif form
f u middle finger GIF by Midland

26 Likes

Thomas would still vote in favor of such a ban. He is such a weenie.

18 Likes