Influencer finds new squad who shares her dislike for "woke chicken"

She said, I ended up finding girls who actually believe in what I believe in, who are Christian women, who are conservative women, who uplift me every single day.
I’m thinking they uplift you every day by knocking other people down.

Do these Evangelical types also think that In-n-Out burger is ‘one of their own’? I seem to recall references to some bible passages printed on the bottom of their cups. Same with Alaska Airlines. All these subtle signals always made me wonder WTF was up, like the local plumber who has that fish symbol printed on the side of their van next to their contractor license number, stuff like that. Like a club. Or a cult.

11 Likes

“I found people who agree with everything I say, believe it even more firmly than I do and help me to squelch those nagging doubts I have. Without them I might even lose my faith.”

9 Likes

It gives them justification in their mind for the violent “retaliation”, and not the instigator. Otherwise, they would just be plain asshole. I pointed out the obvious thing with a few of them and most of them couldn’t accept it. Their brain melt down and they just started calling name. :face_exhaling:

9 Likes

Bible is for photo ops, not for reading.

7 Likes

Definite flooding reference.

11 Likes

Whackadoodle-do!

6 Likes

In-N-Out is on the list. So is Hobby Lobby, Marriott, Cracker Barrel, Carl’s Jr (Hardee’s), H.E.B, Forever 21…there’s a list of businesses that are not just “Christian” friendly, but in particular, cater to the Evangelical SBC crowd…primarily white, affluent, suburban, WASPy, homeschool types who have been marketed to that these businesses are on their side of the culture wars.

That’s why they get especially offended like this girl did when they feel these businesses “betray” their values.

9 Likes

Over the past several decades I’ve had numerous opportunities to deal with contractors, mechanics, plumbers, and handymen who sported the fish symbol. Every last one of them did a lousy job and immediately went full asshole when their work was challenged. Correlation isn’t causation, but there’s a certain pattern. It’s as if a part of them knew they had issues, and they needed to still the voice. By slapping on The Fish they reassured themselves that they were superior beings.

11 Likes

I don’t know, you can get “impossible” meat substitutes there. When Cracker Barrel announced this, conservatives, predictably, lost their shit.

Additionally, just this week two of my partners and I were able to eat there without difficulty. (They were next to the hotel and we wanted pancakes.) That’s a very obvious trans person and two feminine presenting people, holding hands together and occasionally smooching one another and not once did the staff kick us out. Hell, I even got a compliment from a staff member on the skirt I was wearing and was able to use the bathroom I prefer without harassment! Shocking how woke they are, isn’t it?

I use that as a filter when hiring repair people. You got a fish on your work vehicle? Yeah, I’m going with someone else.

12 Likes

‘The Lord’s Chicken’? Must be one of those obscure parables in the Apocrypha.

6 Likes

Hoo boy. One of my classmates from high school makes the lists of top young conservatives for being one of the group organizers. He’s just cashing in on that Ivy League prestige to shop around the same old hack in a rebrand.

Dude keeps wondering why people awkwardly keep avoiding him at every chance.

9 Likes

HEB’s up there with Buccee’s and WhatABurger regarding state clout, but most of it’s from actual logistics organizing and community work.

Boy some of the SBC crowd have had a hard time with stuff like this:
https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h-e-b-y-all-means-all-texas-pride-reusable-shopping-bag/8126001

3 Likes

They wander Key West, too. Those cluckers are woke all the time.

12 Likes

oh, yes. those $#!+ birds are on all the islands in the Keys. descendants of wild jungle fowl that were brought to the Carribean - especially Cuba, then Key West - for fighting. that bloodsport was a favorite of the Spanish colonizers. many escaped, some were just turned loose and they interbred with domestic chickens until what we have now are some wily-ass, scrawny, nasty, loud fekkers what tear up gardens and landscaping and shit all over everything.
sometimes, we get eggs, but not often.
nuisance animals.
truly the lord’s chickens :rofl:
shameless self promotion: i wrote and illustrated a book about them, Street Chickens of Key Largo - Papiermeister Press, 2022

16 Likes

Well, the fuckwits are against diversity, after all. /s

5 Likes

Maybe something Charlie Stross writes about.

2 Likes

Case NIGHTMARE CHICKEN?

Or is it something in the Laundry’s cafeteria?

3 Likes

She could have a go at this one:

and

3c0b65b58efd3cff2b55387d82bcc72f--chicken-signs-the-chicken

7 Likes

Yup. Learned it myself while staying in a $7/night hotel in Luxor overlooking a tiny yard with chickens. As a citified-city-slicker-citygirl I was astonished to learn they start at dawn and NEVER STOP.

Also, $7/night hotels are worth exactly what you pay.

12 Likes

Here I thought the tell was they bring their new girl squad to a plumbing estimate.

2 Likes