Influencer receives backlash after telling Home Depot worker: "Go back to your country"

I see I set myself up there. Given the context of…

and

…this would be a delicious scene in a Tarantino movie, but real life demands a more rational, less emotional, approach. Get the floor manager/security to usher the “customer” out, ban her from the premises. Write it up for the record, secure the security footage, publish it if it escalates.

My wife is dealing with a similar matter today. Her colleague gets help, the attacker gets to deal with police. Our context - a mall in Vancouver, scary escalation of unwanted attention, nobody wins.

@Melizmatic - yeah that is an artifact of a long edited post re the two posts preceding.

2 Likes

Emphasis, mine.

Your comment was posted five hours ago, yo.

7 Likes

And the other on splitting the difference:

15 Likes

Yep.

7 Likes

“Bigotry has no place in our society” is a fundamentally different position than “[brown folks/queer people/uppity women/etc.] have no place in our society.”

Anyone who would draw a comparison between the two is not making a good-faith argument.

20 Likes

This is an easy one – at the point where it goes from being intolerant of people making choices to hurt others, to being intolerant of people who are not doing that. In truth I haven’t seen many cases where it’s not a pretty clear line.

15 Likes

This is another good argument for supporting the no platform stance… and punching Nazis.

12 Likes

Her brain seems to use very little oxygen.
Her voice could indicate a lighter gas used as replacement.

1 Like

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

10 Likes

2 Likes

It’s a weird genre, but surprisingly large. It’s the latest form of poverty tourism. A perfect storm for white guilt because they get to tell themselves they are saving the planet while setting up solar panels to charge their smartphone on the 80 acre parcel they got from their parents, or bought after retiring from their tech jobs.

12 Likes

When will the Karens and Darrens finally realize their behavior never gets them anywhere and other people deeply despise them? Are they so oblivious they don’t realize how atrocious their behavior is? I’m ready for this particular fad to die a fast death.

4 Likes

Presumably the problem is their behavior often does get them somewhere. I imagine there’s a reason they’re so often shocked there’s a backlash.

10 Likes

I feel like every time a Karen talks about creating a space to speak your truth, you can already tell that it’s not gonna end well.

3 Likes

14k followers doesn’t seem like a lot. The people that I subscribe to on YouTube have numbers in the millions.

2 Likes

It gets worse. She posted on her OnlyFans recently basically threatening to kill herself. I broke the link below because it has almost nudity.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.