Influencer receives backlash after telling Home Depot worker: "Go back to your country"

Yea, I worked in the retail grocery business for most of the 80’s and all of the 90’s. As you know, MOST people generally just come in, get their stuff and leave. But there’s always that small percentage that are a pain. What people have been going through the last few years, I can’t even imagine.
I thought it was bad enough when a small contingent of my regular customers came in and complained almost DAILY when we were going through a remodel. I was like “there is LITERALLY another major chain a half mile away, WHY TF ARE YOU HERE”. In my head.

5 Likes

Hope she gets some chicken soup to help with her influenza at any rate.

1 Like

Is it too much to ask that we refrain from rewarding these buffoons with the views that they so pathologically crave?

4 Likes

Agreed.

1 Like

I will get a Insta/Tik/Twit account if you do this.

4 Likes

Attention seeking assholes gonna be assholes while seeking attention.

17 Likes

I’m emotionally with you, and it feels good to think that way. But at what point does our diminished tolerance for intolerance to cross over to become our own intolerance? Rationally, I’m suggesting a measured defence is the way to go, not offence.

1 Like

Well… at least 24:

10 Likes

Off-the-grid homesteader…influencer?

8 Likes

translation: “lives in a van down by the river”

17 Likes

“This is what happens when you f*ck with Amanda Marie Keshner.”

This pathetic child thinks she’s so important she can have a tantrum and somehow that will get 2 people fired?

I guess not all of the kids are alright.

15 Likes

2nd time in 2 days this has come back to mind:

6 Likes
27 Likes

killing eve bullshit GIF by BBC America

Somethings ARE indeed unacceptable and should not be tolerated. People can feel however they like about others, but when they bring that into the lives of others, a line must be drawn. Otherwise, we quickly go from a free society to a violent and undemocratic one. Given how much we seem to be on the slide already, we need to think a bit harder about what bigotry like this actually does in a society and how we should act to stop it when we see it.

23 Likes

Man, boring sounds like such a welcome change right now. More people should strive for boring. I’d subscribe (only I’m not on those platforms) :grin:

3 Likes

Right?

What sort of person tends to think it’s a good idea to share the stage or microphone with fascists, Nazis, bigots and so on?

/rhetorical q, most of us here know the answer, etc.

13 Likes

But Millie… BOTH SIDES! /s

:grimacing: :smile:

10 Likes

I cannot un-see her. My eyes, my ears, my GAWD!

2 Likes

First of all, there is no collective ‘our’ here; you are you, and I am me, and everyone else is everyone else.

Second, I see that @Mindysan33 has already posted the requisite Popper’s Paradox meme, so here’s a elaboration on the idea of being “tolerant” to the point of one’s own detriment:

14 Likes

With only 14k followers? Nah, she probably still has a day job.

Sorry, had a day job.

6 Likes