Infowars loses legal effort to get Sandy Hook defamation case dismissed

This has been brought up before but he also included him in a scanner darkly, which taints one of my favourite films. On the plus side he does get tased into unconsciousness.

4 Likes

Is there anybody who isn’t a nicer guy? I mean that’s a bar so low its underground.

7 Likes

Harassing relatives of shooting victims and accusing them of lying because reality doesn’t conform to your insane conspiracy theories has to be one of the most evil acts possible, short of being the shooter. Do any of these people pause for even one second to consider what complete monsters they’re being if their theory is wrong? I wouldn’t take that risk even if I was 99% sure I was right.

6 Likes

It’s quite ironic that the Second Amendment is now being used to slaughter the First.

Wait, no, it’s not ironic. I meant tragic.

9 Likes

Chicken shit actually has a use as fertilizer, too.

Alex Jones is just useless poison.

9 Likes

I like this exciting new era where saying crazy, made-up nonsense that is empirically false is not protected by the First Amendment, and Jones is sued into his constituent atoms.

3 Likes

They don’t care. Being absolute monsters is what their supporters want, and what gives them ratings.

I’m going with “Even Asshole Jones doesn’t believe his own conspiracy theories, and only spouts that toxic BS because there are toxic idiots that lap it up every time he does.”.

5 Likes

:rofl:
AlexJonescrying

6 Likes

That’s pretty much what Jones went with when his ex said that he was an unfit father.

5 Likes

And now you see the difference between decent human beings and people like that.

3 Likes

In the voice of Marv,

“Wow, what a gif!”

It looks like someone is strangling him by imagination

If only it were true

And the judge sided with Kelly Jones saying that Alex was a completely unfit father.

2 Likes

I don’t know, I suspect he would make pretty good fertilizer. It would be nice to start that experiment sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

I have some tomato plants that could use some perking up.

1 Like

I wonder if their legal representation is pro se. (I haven’t checked.) I expect to hear something about an admiralty flag.

1 Like

I wonder if it’s Linklater including radicals just because they’re radical? There’s a rant in Slacker where the character name-drops Italo Balbo in (as I recall) a positive context. (In fact I’d never heard of Italo Balbo before seeing the movie/reading the accompanying book. I looked him up and wondered just what the hell the filmmakers were getting at.)

1 Like

They’re not pro se litigants, which makes it all the weirder.

They appear to be represented by a lawyer in Dallas who has been practicing since 1978, is part of a firm, and is currently in good standing with the Texas Bar.

The brief also doesn’t say that it was written that way because the client specifically instructed it.

1 Like

Occam’s razor i suppose - i’m sure there was in interview with linklater that i read where he said the inclusion of jones into his projects was because back then he was just this fringe nutjob that he enjoyed listening to when he was on local radio in austin. I wonder how he feels now about giving a platform to this waste of blood and organs.

Well, that may not necessarily be a result of what his particular views are on conspiracy theories.

He could just be the world’s biggest asshole. (this is probably it, occams razor and all…)

Absolutely. He kept claiming that the assholery wasn’t “really” him, just a persona he used as an entertainer. The judge didn’t buy that and took custody away from him because he really was an abusive pus-gargler

2 Likes