Alex Jones guilty in Sandy Hook defamation cases

Originally published at: Alex Jones guilty in Sandy Hook defamation cases | Boing Boing

20 Likes

Christ, what an asshole

45 Likes

Now suddenly he’ll claim to be broke, just like he suddenly claimed it was all just an act during his divorce and custody hearing. Don’t expect any better from this charlatan, just enjoy the guilty verdict.

49 Likes

Good result, but this process should never have taken so long given Jones’ clear gamesmanship and violations of discovery orders from the very start of these cases. :frowning:

30 Likes

I’m curious why he didn’t mount a defense. I’d expect that to be a better option than this.

5 Likes

I’m guessing that the revelations in the documents he was required to turn over must have been worse than a default judgment and the possible ensuing bankruptcy and/or Jones is a completely irrational contrarian scumbag.

31 Likes

I think a prerequisite for mounting a defense is that your actions have to actually be defensible.

37 Likes

And discovery can uncover all manner of prosecutable offenses such as money laundering, illegal coordination (say between a campaign and a PAC), outright fraud, etc. Plus, he’ll always be able to claim that this was a political hit job that he wouldn’t legitimize by participating.

35 Likes

I’m not generally for punitive justice systems, but this man should suffer a life full of agony, disappointment, pain, ridicule, abandonment and, ideally, some horribly disfiguring accidents.

32 Likes
  • Jones and his employees are so incompetent they can’t get their shit together enough to comply
  • Jones and his employees are guilty of even worse transgressions that would be revealed by complying
  • Jones and his employees are so paranoid they’d rather lose than cooperate, even though they haven’t done anything

0 voters

32 Likes

You’re missing the option for ‘all the above’

30 Likes

Please, your honour; fuck this sack of shit up. He should die, penniless, in prison; and MTG should suffer the same fate, for the same evil bullshit.

17 Likes

hulk smash GIF

19 Likes

14 Likes

Well, if you say so… :wink:

7 Likes

…and the other option “Shoot him and say it never happened”.

8 Likes

Deeply sorry this is only a money lawsuit. I’d love to see that obnoxious fuck in prison.

14 Likes

I’ll settle for impoverished

7 Likes

He’s not “guilty” – it’s not a criminal case. He’s liable. Also, an asshole.

10 Likes

5 Likes