Sandy Hook mom takes the stand to try to convince Alex Jones that she and her murdered 6-year-old aren't fake

Originally published at: Sandy Hook mom takes the stand to try to convince Alex Jones that she and her murdered 6-year-old aren't fake | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Sue him civilly, Scarlett Lewis.

28 Likes

I seriously hope the judge in this case is made aware of this fact, and that in enters into the consideration of penalty. Not that there is any civil penalty sufficient to shut this asshole up.

37 Likes

As it concerns him, I think the time has come to be uncivil.

17 Likes

I won’t speak on what I would do if I was in that mother’s shoes; it would get me flagged and possibly put on time out.

38 Likes

Same, from a father’s point of view.

10 Likes

That he’s grown even fatter and richer from perpetuating misery and hatred infuriates me to no end, and I’m not even one of his victims.

24 Likes

I mean, one thing that’s really important here is that this is more the punishment / how much cash phase of the civil suit.

He’s already lost the civil case for defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress in a default judgement.

So, this IS the civil suit, and he’s already lost.

8 Likes

Sue the fucker repeatedly until he’s in the ground, so says I.

28 Likes

They have. The court found for the plaintiffs on a default judgment. At this point the point of the trial is to assess damages: How much did Jones harm the plaintiffs and how much he has to pay a judgment.

7 Likes

I mean he keeps saying things , so I’m with you. Just slam him into the ground. Over and over.

3 Likes

You misunderstand. As long as Jones has a public platform, it’s highly likely he will continue lying; so I say keep suing him, a new case filed for every instance that he does.

26 Likes

He still has to pay out for this one. With the way Jones is behaving in the Court, the likelihood of a judgment reducing him to penury is pretty high.

At this point Jones is scrambling to hide whatever assets he has and largely failing at it.

7 Likes

Personally for me this ends with the Sandy Hook parents pouring gasoline over everything that says Infowars on it , including buildings, and burning it to the ground, scattering the ashes, and attaching / garnishing every paycheck Alex Jones receives for the remainder of his hopefully intensely short life.

8 Likes

Understood.

My point is that he likely won’t course correct, so the most non-violent option is to KEEP SUING HIM, even if he ends up claiming that he has no assets left at all. (Given how depraved and corrupt such folks usually are, I find it hard to believe that will actually happen.)

18 Likes

He won’t course correct. But I also doubt any will give him a platform after a huge judgment, out of fear of their own liability. He will be officially toxic. Even GAB or Truth Social wouldn’t touch him.

3 Likes

I won’t hold my breath.

Horrible rich White people saying and doing atrocious shit have been so incredibly successful at falling up, no matter what they say and do, that even horrible rich Black people seem to have started thinking it will work for them too… (Looking at you here, Dave Chappelle.)

25 Likes

She’d have better luck convincing a sentient pile of garbage, which stands a better chance of acting like a decent human being than does Alex Jones.

13 Likes

Its one thing to bring negative publicity but stay within the edges of free speech. Its quite another to bring down fiery financial judgments upon yourself and everyone associated with you for defamation…

4 Likes

You seem to have far more faith in the crumbling façade of ‘civility’ than I do, which is none.

Have a good day; this conversation is too depressing for me to continue right now…

10 Likes