Innovative pockets make these awesome bamboo sheet sets the ultimate room declutterer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/09/innovative-pockets-make-these.html

And then emptying out the pockets once a week for laundry and remembering not to launder anything by accident.

6 Likes

The listing is incredibly unclear about whether this is Actual Bamboo Fiber Fabric or if it’s just plain old “rayon from bamboo” which this stuff usually is and can’t legally be called bamboo fabric.

Also, whatever bamboo derivative it uses, it’s only 40% of the sheets; the other 60% is microfiber.

7 Likes

But if it’s made from microfibre, as suggested by another comment, then surely you don’t want to wash them much, to limit contamination if the water supply from the microfibres.

If jeans are dangerous, think of the sheets.

1 Like

E4FC9C2E-586F-4211-8379-216C494E5134

5 Likes

Owning sheets you can’t wash is a stupid idea.

2 Likes

I don’t think those pockets are large enough to hold anything actually useful

2 Likes

They are 8-inch pockets. What would you want to put in them if they were larger? I’m curious!

4 Likes

Well, an average day’s worth of Every Day Essential merchandise from BoingBoing?

6 Likes

Really would rather buy better night stands. With drawers.

8 Likes

Wouldn’t it be better to put the pockets in a dust ruffle instead? Those you don’t change as often as sheets.

1 Like

You are talking pouches, then.

3 Likes

Pockets schmockets. Pouches SCHMOUCHES! 4-inch memory foam mattress topper (anything softer is for the WEAK) laid on top of a dresser! For luxury sizes – queen, king – TWO dressers placed back to back. Need more sleeping space? Add more dressers! Soon your mattress support is complete! Now lay back and luxuriate on all those drawers crowding every side of your Super Storage Sleepytime Plateau! Just think of the access to all the snooze-fest storage space you’ll ever need – room enough for meals, pets, children, an extra mattress, a much smaller dresser, an expandable ladder for getting down from your dresser or up to the ceiling and of course, a rolodex indexing the contents of every drawer you’ll NEED it there’s that much space. Like the idea of “bamboo sheets”? Fit a drawer with a Gro-Lux® and a planter and you can have your own bamboo garden! Those clever reeds grow so fast you will be lulled to sleep with the subtle creak of their engorgement. And in the morning nuzzled awake as they push through the light, the intervening drawers, the ladder, the foam, the sheet (100% cotton) and gently impale you.

6 Likes

Yet another innovation that escaped my imagination and into reality. However, I prefer the remote control cushions or pillows with pockets for remotes, or better yet, pillows that are remotes:

https://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/pillow-remote-control/

This way we can half asleep just launch them from the bed.

1 Like

I bought four of these…all gone. Fitted sheet kept popping up. Couldn’t make it through a whole night with these.

4 Likes

His mistress in case his wife walks in on him?

Get a set of these: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/julkaktus-elastic-strap-70436796/

1 Like

I tried straps to no success; these are just not made for modern bed depths.

3 Likes

100% bamboo sheets are absolutely wonderful. They’re very soft, warm in winter, but cool in summer. They aren’t all expensive AF, either; just shop around.

2 Likes

The trouble is you just can’t fold the inflatable dolls like the manufacturers do.

1 Like