Insiders claim Trump campaign staff "suicidal"

The interesting thing about Manafort is that he’s not described as one of the people calling for an intervention so that the GOP can win. He’s just “phoning it in” and collecting his paycheque. As long as he does his part to help this orange con man degrade confidence in Western democratic institutions and norms he’ll have pleased his real and indirect patron. Four years in which to run wild in Ukraine and perhaps the Baltics would have been a “nice to have,” but this will do. Win or lose, Manafort can look forward to lots more consulting business coming his way from right-wing authoritarians in Europe.

8 Likes

Donald Trump insisted to a packed audience in Florida Wednesday that the campaign has “never been so well united.”

“For example, the Russians absolutely love us…”

10 Likes

No, he just wants to make America GREAT again, like pre 1968, when primaries didn’t mean crap. Maybe letting the kindergartners vote on their curriculum isn’t a great idea?

The schadenfreude about Drumph’s camp is sweet, let’s just hope it lasts. Crazy has a way of coming back like a comic book villain.

5 Likes

Well, that’s basically the final line in Clue. I think Trump’s speechwriters are competent enough to steal that.

FTFY

4 Likes

I get to spend a week visiting family this summer… Trump-lovin’ family.

Rather than waste air arguing against Trump or trying to get them think Clinton is anything other than the apotheosis of evil, I have decided to instead focus all my energy on selling Gary Johnson.

Now is the time people! We can change the conservative movement for the better!

[Which is to say, I have had much more interesting debates with Objectivists than I have with whatever-the-hell ideology Trump promotes. I’ll take intellectual and principled crazy over unreflected crazy every time]

18 Likes

Donald Trump insisted to a packed audience in Florida Wednesday that the campaign has “never been so well united.”

More proof that any time Donald insists on anything, it’s because the opposite is true.

4 Likes

don’t think anyone’s come up with any unreal rally cry yet for trump that would be a posture knitted cup cake

A friend of mine has a Trump loving family as well, and when they insisted they were voting for him because they like his business acumen and not for any of the awful things he’s said, his response was “Mom, dad, I’m not saying that you’re a racist for voting for Trump, or that voting for him makes you racist. But you definitely have to be very comfortable with racism to consider voting for him.”

32 Likes

Much as I would like to see Donnie’s ego crushed by having to drop out - I hope he stays in. No substituting with say Paul Ryan or some such in late August.

2 Likes

At this point, chances of a successful ‘Dump Trump’ effort are slim:

5 Likes

As a self centered, born rich kid who has rarely heard the word “no” in his life, Trump already is hilariously attacking any person who even remotely disagrees. His public meltdown will be epic if he loses. If he wins, his weekly meltdowns will also be comedy gold. Already Trump appears to be ready to use the office of president to attack his personal enemies. He would make Nixon look like an amateur.

1 Like

whether she wants to or not.

I think that last bit will actually be stated, not merely implied.

23 Likes

I’ll match that, because the idea of Trump asking anyone to excuse a thing he has done, is doing, or is about to do, is absurd. It’s tantamount to an apology.

8 Likes

I prefer weekly hilarious outbursts of egotistical narcissism that don’t come with the risk of all-out thermonuclear war. Trump winning the election is the sort of thing that would motivate me to adjust the last couple of variables in the Drake equation down by a statistically meaningful amount.

12 Likes

Also, you can’t have looked too closely into his business acumen. (Not you you, just a general “you”, you know?)

12 Likes

“Now if you will excuse me, I am going to go home - and I have the best home, believe me - and fuck my wife.”

21 Likes

A lot closer to what I’d picture. Maybe “You’ll have to excuse me” so it doesn’t sound so much like we have a choice in the matter.

4 Likes

To paraphrase something from another thread, Donald Trump seems like a crasser version of Donald Trump.

13 Likes

Or just “get out of my way”.

3 Likes

I rather think this would happen before Trump could get a word out.

7 Likes