Insiders claim Trump campaign staff "suicidal"

I would also like to point out the amazing art Rob has put together for this post.

::golf clap::

17 Likes

God I want this to be true. The bluff of the AstroTurf “Tea Party” never failed so spectacularly.

1 Like

Never. Questioning things is for atheist commies and those people. You know them types.

I joke at the language, but after years of Bircher scum attacking public schooling, logic classes would cause the political right to freak the fuck out.

3 Likes

Trump doesn’t DO “concessions” of any kind. Regardless of the outcome of this election he will claim a win and hurl nasty insults at anyone who says otherwise.

12 Likes

But… but… the man had his own board game!! What else could you want in a Commander in Chief??

10 Likes

I enjoyed reading this back in the day.

11 Likes

I should probably be banned from photoshop tho, before it’s too late

17 Likes

The ability to control themselves?
The capacity to delay gratification or consider their words?
The vocabulary of a college educated person?
Hands of normal size?
The gumption to either be bald or come out about their hair system?
The confidence to be honest about their actual net worth?
A basic grasp of why we don’t use nuclear weapons just because someone looked at us funny?

Honestly I didn’t think anyone could ever make Dick Cheney seem reasonable by comparison. It’s giving me a little vertigo to consider it at all, but there is something worse than a greedy, scheming war criminal.

The worst part is that we are probably fucked whether the orange cocksplat wins or loses.

15 Likes

Heeeyyy Eduardo Barreto, who I have only recently become familiar with, did many of DCs The Shadow Strikes comics, and nearly all the covers. I really ended up like his work, at least for the period. Too bad he is passed so I can’t ever get a sketch.

2 Likes

Hugo Chavez said pretty much the same thing on national television in 2000:

“Marisabel, tonight I will give you what is yours.

Kindred spirits talk alike, I suppose.

1 Like

Yes…but only because they are beginning to see a problem in the polls.

It’s About the Polls – Josh Marshall
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/it-s-about-the-polls

I get that the Khan debacle seems particularly extreme, not only for the callousness, the violation of one of contemporary America’s gravest public taboos and more than anything else the lack of self-control and overabundance of self-destructiveness. But if Trump were polling better I’m confident we’d just be seeing more handwringing. The belief that he might actually be able to win is the glue which has bound together the bad faith, hypocrisy, fear and general derp congealing the Republican party around Trump. Absent that, everybody will start to run for the hills.

9 Likes

The Trump campaign is planning to pivot to a more presidential Trump so it’ll all change, just like the last few times he pivoted to be more presidential.

8 Likes

I was actually worried that the GOP would be able to keep him on message after that (surprisingly decent) speech at the RNC.

I guess I worried for nothing.

5 Likes

The Manafortian Candidate.

7 Likes

Certainly that’s possible. Get rid of all the bigotry and racism for a start. But can it ever be good? Conservatives seem to be against change, and if there’s one thing the 21st century is good at, it’s change. That’s accelerating.

6 Likes

At this point, I think think the best they can do is to take some ideas from the plots of Dave and Weekend at Bernies.

10 Likes

Here’s hoping for more of the latter…oh, was that unkind?

1 Like

I was thinking about it, and I think the only chance would be for some campaign operative to install a root kit on his phone that intercepted the Twitter traffic and redirected it to a fake server that made it look to him like he was still tweeting with fake raving racist goons lapping it up while an underling controlled the actual account and posted mentally stable tweets. Then there’s still the speeches and interviews, for those, well, I think the problem is that this is the most presidential the Donald can manage.

6 Likes

I’m sure Rudy has some great tips on toning down the xenophobic, white supremacist rhetoric.

7 Likes

No doubt he’d inject a kinder, gentler xenophobia into the campaign, as well as injecting tracking tags into Muslims.

10 Likes