Insult teacups for 'the lady who speaks her mind'

I was tickled to hear fans in the background on a televised match singing, “Shit on the Villa”, even when Villa weren’t playing, and neither set of fans came from the Midlands.

Birmingham City fans were singing that when Carlisle played against them in the EFL Trophy at Wembley 22 years ago. Then Paul Tait took his Birmingham shirt off when he scored the winning golden goal.

paul-tait-signed-autograph-t-shirt-celebration-wembley-auto-windscreens-shield-wembley

It was a good day with a good atmosphere. You don’t often get 75,000 people watching a game between two lower league teams.

11 years later Lee Trundle took off his Swansea shirt having beaten Carlisle in the same competition final.

Lee-Trundle-1189980

It’s almost a tradition now.

1 Like

New White House china pattern?

1 Like

It’s more so that the tea leaves at the bottom of said cups are used to “tell fortunes,” as it were…

2 Likes

Tactically unsound. Do not insult people when they are holding a cup of very hot liquid and you are within arm’s reach.

(Also, that strikes me as too big for proper tea consumption)

2 Likes

I full-heartedly disagree.

I’ll have my teas hot, in large quantities, thank you very much. And there’s nothing better to bring it to drinking temperature fast, but not too fast, than a good cup of fine china.

@Miss_Havisham, welcome indeed to BB. I congratulate you on your cuppas! May I suggest that for your next High Tea, you could invite Thursday to discuss the matters of a certain PageRunner currently pestering us?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.