Intense new footage of Jan 6 released during hearings with warning: "This isn't easy to watch"

Your lips (fingertips) to God’s ears! I can only hope you are right, but I see far too many completely willing to disregard facts and evidence in favor of anger and hate.

19 Likes

Good catch, I missed that. It’s actually Bennie Thompson, D-MS, @Carla_Sinclair

12 Likes

In the mode of “Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest?”

19 Likes

Sadly, I’ll believe it when I see it. There are too many entrenched base voters that vote Republican on single issues, history or even habit. The undecided/“Independent” voters aren’t enough to overcome that where it’s needed most: local elections.

2 Likes

The hearings didn’t resonate as I had hoped. When I tuned in, they, again, had cops testifying. And, again, asked them “how they felt” to be in the middle of a riot. (They didn’t like it.) Didn’t we already hear this testimony 9 months ago? Then, they had a Trump voiceover with the actual riot footage (turning it from evidence into a political message).

Plus, they didn’t even touch on the bombshell of Trump’s lawyers (Eastman, etc.) putting forward the fake electors as a pretext for Pence to throw out the real ones: the Kraken lawyers’ “legalistic” coup that was playing out alongside the rioters’ physical coup.

I had thought if they were going to go on primetime for 90 minutes, we were going to see a John Dean (the insider spilling everything about Nixon’s malfeasance) or an Alexander Butterfield (revealing the existence of Nixon’s tapes).

I didn’t watch it all. Hopefully, what I didn’t see was of better quality.

3 Likes

This is only the first broadcast. There are many more nights scheduled.

11 Likes

Anyone come across ratings information? How many people actually watched?

6 Likes

31 Likes

I noticed that the 14th Amendment was mentioned, to wit:
Section 3.
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.

Which should have caused any FDCers that might have been watching to pucker.
This kinda [hopefully] signals they might be going after some, if not all, of the enablers in Congress.
Maybe even the wife of a certain SCOTUS member? How about certain State officials?
Hey, might as well dream big!

Yeah, that’ll be fun to watch!
Hmm, after reading the list of speakers at the Treason Rally, I noticed that the esteemed Ken Paxton was listed… but he’s arrogant enough to figure that he don’t need no stinkin pardon.

Colbert’s take was: ‘It was a bittersweet day for him. Ivanka finally screwed him.’

20 Likes

Minnessippi

14 Likes

Day Today GIF

7 Likes

It was best watched as a full piece, with each aspect of the compelling narrative unfolding in turn (with callbacks here and there). Jumping in and out would dilute the effect as it would with any other carefully thought out documentary.

I think anyone who committed to watching it from start to finish (basically 1h:45m plus an intermission) would have found it compelling.

12 Likes

I only had time for a little more than half, the last half. Was still compelling.

8 Likes
14 Likes

Was she in the video here? I couldn’t tell. This video showed the officers trying to hold the line at the bike racks, as she described, and it looked like it might have been her there in the middle, but it was from the back so I couldn’t tell if it was her.

2 Likes

It’s odd that those people are chanting “Our streets” when most of them don’t even live in DC. I guess they feel a certain… privilege.

9 Likes
14 Likes

“Even?” That asshole started that specifically to avoid free speech!

16 Likes

yeah, i think that was her. they briefly highlighted one officer in the video they show, so i assume that’s either her or officer Siknick, but i’m not sure. either way, she was knocked unconscious, regained consciousness, got up, and stayed to help hold the line and rescue fellow fallen officers. she should’ve gone to get medical help. she ended up having some traumatic injuries, and brain damage. it’s just incredible she’s even alive.

12 Likes
7 Likes