Intense new footage of Jan 6 released during hearings with warning: "This isn't easy to watch"

“Free for me, not for thee!”

4 Likes

Republican wants his party back. Yeah, well, good luck with that.

10 Likes

According to youtube metrics, 1m people have watched the PBS Newshour stream of the hearings.

8 Likes

I’ve been wondering if Trump, et al, could be charged under RICO.

6 Likes
15 Likes

Oh, I’d read that before, but forgotten about it. Thanks!

7 Likes

That’s not to say Former Guy isn’t RICO, it’s just a funny piece and I’ll take any excuse to post it. IANAL so I have no real opinion. :grimacing:

10 Likes

He did a “turbulent priest” tweet to the mob in the Capitol, which was repeated by people there with bullhorns.

“Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify,” Trump, who has refused to concede to President-elect Joe Biden, tweeted after Pence and other legislative leaders were whisked to safety. “USA demands the truth!”

7 Likes

Fuuuuck.
I watched it live on the day of, and have been following stuff pretty closely, but that 12 minute video made me want to sob for the country I grew up believing in. :pleading_face::cry::sob::sob:

18 Likes

Yeah, he said that. That doesn’t change what I said. Nothing in that is an explicit clear order or request to go do anything. I understand we all know what he meant, but that’s not something that will fly in court. “Well, your honor, I know he didn’t directly tell them to hang Mike Pence, but come on…we all know he meant it!” That just isn’t enough. People are getting on Garland’s case about not filing charges, but he can’t file charges based on that. If that’s the evidence, those charges don’t survive a motion to dismiss.

2 Likes

Oh wow, thank you @MrShiv and @cannibalpeas - this is what happens when I post at 5am :roll_eyes:. Correcting it now!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.