Interesting toilet

First, antisocial and unsocial are not the same thing. I’d say pooping is unsocial but not antisocial. It isn’t working against the fabric of society* but it’s just not something that’s done out in public. If you’re asking why we have these rules, and if they’re “good”, I’m the wrong person to ask. I know they exist, I believe they exist because of Victorian scatological taboos, and I think they’re a little silly but hey they’re what I’m used to.

*unless you leave one on your boss’ desk, for example.

3 Likes

For sure. From a hygiene PoV, you want the cleanest, least-used crapper there. Which would be the one that’s not in a stall because no-one uses it.If you don’t, ahem, give a shit about it being in a cubicle it makes perfect sense.

7 Likes

My thinking is that this would depend upon how clean the place was, especially the floor. I too often see facilities where I despair at even placing the bottoms of my shoes upon the floor, never mind the rest of my clothes! If I saw somebody do that on a floor which wasn’t clean, I would be a bit grossed out. But if the place was clean it would not bother me.

2 Likes

It was reasonably clean; no puddles on the floor or anything. As I say, it only caught my eye because I just never see human adults peeing that way, only small boys who are relatively new to the urinal game.

3 Likes

Last time I encountered that was at a pub during the (previous) World Cup final, and the gentleman in question was extremely drunk. The floor was most definitely NOT clean.

3 Likes

Being drunk for the World Cup final is a special occasion! I think then you’re supposed to wear your pants on your head, so you don’t need to pull them down.

2 Likes

Just gonna drop leave this here.

See where a lack of stalls gets you?

6 Likes

I would like to take the chance to ask to see if you or anyone else either does this or have noticed this. But why do some guys that use the urinal undo their belt to fully open and unbutton their pants to pee? I never understood that but it’s not the sort of thing you ask a guy at the office lol. Unzipping alone seems to work so i’ve been puzzled why bother undoing one’s belt.

2 Likes

I often do that when wearing certain combinations of jeans and boxer-briefs. If the fly of the jeans is somewhat short, and/or the jeans are somewhat tight, and/or the belt buckle is somewhat large, and/or the underwear’s fly is inconveniently placed, it sometimes takes a fair amount of wiggling to excavate the John Thomas through the fly, and sometimes it’s just easier to get all that shit outta the way.

5 Likes

Fair enough, i tend to avoid wearing belts so i was curious.

1 Like

This one puzzles me too. I can think of two possible reasons:

1. You think your pee-pee is gross and you don’t want to touch it.
  2. Have you ever done that thing where the elastic in your underwear is too tight and you can’t pull it down far enough and it’s cutting off flow ever so slightly and you think you’re done so you put it back into your pants and what do you know, turns out there was a bit left over? I haven’t. I have never done that. But maybe if somebody was worried about that, pulling everything down is a good way to avoid it.
3 Likes

Or, as I like to put it:

3 Likes

This is why I sit whenever possible. Social convention be damned.

4 Likes

Even on urinals.

7 Likes

That is hilarious! (I wish I weren’t too tired to hunt down a GIF of Sheridan and Garibaldi leaving the restroom on B5.)

2 Likes

Some of our dicks are just too big to unleash without unbelting. I keep mine tucked up just to the right of the belt buckle, personally. Otherwise it ruins the lines of my slacks.

Prison chic

I am very concerned about my privacy.

Gamify it! We only need to define a scoring scale for this handy Stool Analyzer.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.