Interesting toilet

7% chance farthest urinal on the right is called “poop urinal”

3 Likes

In rural Hungary (1995) I used a lovely white-washed outhouse with green and red accents, curtains and decorations pasted on the walls from seed catalogs.

5 Likes

17 Likes

Huh, I suppose I would only use that if I had just eaten a bag of sugar free gummy bears.

If that were the case I think people that walked in would immediately run out or they probably never go in due to the sounds from the depths of hell coming out of the room.

In any other situation that toilet should be known as the nope toilet.

4 Likes

I’ve seen a toilet like that in the past. Sort of. At the high school i graduated from there was one toilet that for whatever reason was not in a stall, and no one ever used it. One day someone walked in and noticed a kid with autism was sitting out in the open using it. Granted he didn’t know any better but it was just an unusual thing to walk in to see.

4 Likes

Also i saw this at a restaurant… i wish i remembered where i took this pic. Some place in Houston but i’m not sure. You’re looking at pretty much the whole bathroom, and the chair being in there was very strange.

7 Likes

No paper except the brown paper towels? Owww…

3 Likes

I get the feeling the chair is there for changing clothes.
Have you ever tried to put on shoes and socks while sitting on an open toilet? For skinny behinds, it’s a perilous situation.

4 Likes

I’m mildly surprised no-one has mentioned this yet:

What’s with the partitions between urinals? What do the pissers have to hide that the crapper does not?

The place does have one thing going for it. The paper is within easy reaching distance of the throne. Not like some places that try to economize on toilet-paper costs by having the dispenser inconvenient to reach:

8 Likes

The partitions guard you from errant spray. :smirk:

8 Likes

Heh.

They’re Doing It Wrong.

5 Likes

17 Likes

I prefer having the partitions between the urinals. Mind you i will go regardless but it’s awkward not having them especially in a bathroom that is very busy like the movie theater i frequent. And if a person has social anxiety not having the partitions makes it hard to just pee.
The interesting thing is that Romans used communal toilets that had no partitions and was very normal to sit down and go in plain view of everyone. Not something i’d ever want to do.

3 Likes

My father described something similar when he was working for the gas board placed over a stream, everybody hated it and it burnt down one day!

2 Likes

18 Likes

This more your sort of thing?

4 Likes

Like this?

4 Likes

You’re correct. If confused, just remember it rhymes with through, though, bough, and enough.

13 Likes

Take the roll off and hold it while you go.

1 Like

Random unimportant comments:

1. The bathroom at the grass strip White Birch Airport by Hancock NY has a stall but no door. I was in an emergency usage situation once and had to use it. It was very disconcerting.

2. Trough urinals are the best, and ceramic troughs are the best of the best. It’s not that using it is exciting or different or anything. More like a “Oh wow - you don’t see these every day” way. An oddball sense of nostalgia.

3. I’ve done my fair share of hiking along the Appalachian Trail. Some outhouses have two seats. I’m imagining that even in personally owned outhouses-turned-sheds, the second one was there as an emergency with the strong preference being “I’ll wait”. Maybe that’s just cultural/personal projection.

5 Likes