Interesting toilet

At least they put it in a corner. If the were in the middle of the floor it would be worse.

3 Likes

I don’t mind the trough thing, but I’m just sayin’: when the terlet is out there in the open, why then would they bother separating the urinals with privacy screens?

I think the toilet stall just hasn’t been installed yet. That’s the easy answer. For what it’s worth, I prefer privacy stalls for urinals rather than a trough, and I certainly prefer stalls with lockable doors for toilets. If I had to choose to give one of them up, I’d give up the urinal stalls. But I won’t willingly crap without walls around me.

3 Likes

You had to ask.

3 Likes

For a while back in the early 90’s the Boston Public Library removed the doors from the toilet stalls in the men’s room, I guess to discourage homeless guys from sleeping in them. Unfortunately it didn’t work, during cold weather they would go in there, drop their pants, sit down, and doze off.

4 Likes

I think most of the US is with you on that one.

4 Likes

And yet still, there was that time I went into the public men’s room in Washington Square Park in NYC on a crowded summer Saturday afternoon, and there was a line of toilets therein without stalls (I suppose as a crime deterrent), and there were half a dozen men peacefully crapping next to each other like they did it every goddamn day.

That was the biggest moment of culture shock I ever experienced in NYC.

4 Likes

Yep if you’ve had a few and the force is with you, you hit that curved metal and boom fooking all over your drinking pal and you! Bad design me thinks.

Ste a mate of mine and a few others were working for a guy on nights, so we kept as quiet as possible.

He’d get up around three ish usually.

Ste needed a dump and on site with no facilities it was a bag and a bucket, the most secluded place was in front of the patio doors with lots of shrubbery to hide you from the neighbours.

Well the guy got up early and opened the curtains to see a six foot odd ginger trying to eject last nights curry, had a face like a slate hangers nail bag to begin with so thinking about it would require copious amounts of mind bleach and I know what this guys face was looked like lifting something heavy or trying to undo a seized bolt.
Joke.

A construction worker goes to the doctor and says, “Doc, I’m constipated.”

The doctor examines him for a minute and then says, “Lean over the table.”

The construction worker leans over the table, the doctor whacks him on the ass with a bat, CRACK, CRACK, CRACK…, and then sends him into the bathroom.

The construction worker comes out a few minutes later and says, “Doc, I feel great. What should I do to prevent constipation ?”

The doctor says, “Stop wiping your ass with cement bags.”

5 Likes

I’m thinking this was probably an ADA thing. I’ve seen it before when an amateur or someone who hasn’t designed public facilities before jams a toilet into a space figuring it would be tight but workable, and then finds that no partition arrangement will meet access standards.

7 Likes

This bog looks not far from the American cubicle norm to me.

I always assumed toilet partitions there were limited to a purely indicative function (“don’t look here now”) due to some sort of Big Gubbmint overreach. For those unfamiliar, or desensitised to the norm, I mean this.

1 Like

12 Likes

The gap in the seat?

No need to lift it up, men have impeccable aim!

Seat still gets piss all over it and a total waste of time resulting in a seat less structurally sound than full seats.

4 Likes

Spotted at a BBQ joint in Houston. (Forget the one exactly…)

12 Likes

Heh. Texans.

“Draw…”

17 Likes

Damn, it took only five minutes for someone to make a pissing contest joke.

I was a little slow on the draw :smiley:

6 Likes

Well it isn’t quite facing the right way to be a watching chair. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Huh, a nope trough .

1 Like

bars sometimes install a toilet for puking not for pooping so they don’t put those in stalls.

could also be a sad attempt to comply with building code disability regulations.

3 Likes

#NOT a sink!!!

5 Likes

No dividers between stalls was pretty much the norm in schools when I was growing up in the 60s. By high school there were walls but not doors. Gym class was sex-segregated, and boys didn’t wear swim suits. I suspect some of my smaller classmates suffered permanent psychological damage from the naked water polo.

3 Likes

Really? I think I’d want just as much privacy to ralph as I want to crap.

And if a bar needs a dedicated puking-toilet, then I guess, to quote Charlie Daniels, “Jim, this ain’t our kind of bar. Let’s just go on out and get back in the car, 'cause there’s gonna be trouble, ain’t no sense in taking a chance.”

3 Likes