Interview with William Shatner, revealed last night as the "Masked Singer"

Originally published at: Interview with William Shatner, revealed last night as the "Masked Singer" | Boing Boing

1 Like
7 Likes

Supposedly first song to be sung on film by an interracial ensemble.

4 Likes

13 Likes

Interesting… but notice how there is still some pretty careful segregation at play… Black and white performers aren’t on the stage at the same time, except at the end, where the Black performers are at the top of the stage…

6 Likes

Yeah, I think it took until the mid 30’s before there was genuine integrated dancing on the movie screens, and that was Shirley Temple and Bill Robinson.

4 Likes
  1. This show is still on?
  2. How would you not know that voice? Is it because I’m an old?
6 Likes

Yeah, this seems like an interesting mid-point on the journey to some form of integration on film. Of course, there were still other kinds of racism at play!

4 Likes

Oblig:

3 Likes
2 Likes

I know this isn’t the original, but I did always really like this version.

6 Likes

Listening to Gary Cooper getting name checked in this song; I went and checked him up on Wikipedia, and I am shocked, shocked I tell you, shocked, the Cooper was apparently straight! :astonished: I imagined that like Gable and Hudson, Cooper was a too dapper to be straight.

2 Likes

This is my preferred version:

13 Likes

As far as i’m concerned it’s the only version

5 Likes

I imagine you meant a different C.G. there.

1 Like

Correctamundo! :+1:

1 Like

Do you want to kill 91 year-old acting legend William Shatner? Because putting him in a constrictive, impossible to breathe in, mounted knight costume is how you kill 91 year-old acting legend William Fricking Shatner, people!!!

Still, good for Shat. His legend grows.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.