Listen to William Shatner and Henry Rollins's duet of "Jingle Bells"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/21/listen-to-william-shatner-and.html

4 Likes

Shatner’s become a shitposting heel in his autumnal years, maybe we shouldn’t encourage anyone to give him more money?

8 Likes

Aaaaand of course the link gets “boinged” from a million hits so I can’t hear it. That’s one thing I hate about this blog - too popular.

Rollins, WTF dude? A loooong way from here.

4 Likes

Too soon!!!

3 Likes

Rollins does this amazing stand-up routine about meeting and working with Shatner. Check it out:

That’s part one, and it’s pretty good. But the really good stuff – “Scallop Man” – is in part two. “The best scallops in the world! He captures them!”

3 Likes

3 Likes

That’s quite the line up.

It’s not even October yet.

2 Likes

Shatner / Rollins 2020

4 Likes

My all time favorite of Shatner’s greatest hits is ‘Mr. Tamborine Man’. What a showman!

1 Like

I’ve listened to this over and over and I’m still trying to determine who is singing which part of the song. It’s really hard to discern.

1 Like

He’s always been singing, and as awful as he is, there is great comedic value in his caterwauling. I’ve never bought any of his stuff but there used to be a website where you can listen to all of the songs on his debut album. I can’t remember what site it was and you probably have to pay to listen now. I did ‘like’ your posting because in a sense, what you say is true.

1 Like

Still your heart, calm your spirit, open the window and beyond the joyful twittering of the birds and the soft whisper of the breeze, it will come to you. You’ll hear it, just believe.

1 Like

Listen to William Shatner […] sing

9 Likes

FWIW, this wasn’t made by the Shat man and I think is brilliant…

As both a devout Santafarian and an aging punk I NEED THIS.

How’s about some ‘Rocket Man’?

2 Likes

Can you f’ing imagine the State of the Union? lol

4 Likes

yeah, i’ve never understood the appeal, honestly. it’s just SO bad.

…oh, wait – you’re talking about SHATNER? my bad.

2 Likes