iOS 15 Safari woes

I’m afraid I still can’t reproduce :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for looking into the issue. It is a very annoying one. As @ficuswhisperer mentioned earlier Discourse environments are the only places that I’ve seen this happening in iOS. :man_shrugging:

Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Any chances you could try again after

• Refreshing your browser?
  • Force closing your browser?

Also, are you running “stock” Safari? No “plugins/extensions” installed or anything like that?

Browser refresh = same
Force close = same

Plain Jane Safari, no special sauce.

Btw expanding selection to the right works fine. It’s when going left that it flakes out.

Also, quote functionality seems fine. (Today)

ETA all works fine after going to another thread and back. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I updated to 15.3 and I’m having a great deal of difficulty copy pasting into the site.

What are you having trouble with? I’m on 15.3 and I can copy/paste without any issues.

Copying text from a website and pasting it here. I don’t get the paste button- I have my screen at 125% due to vision problems.

1 Like

Any chances you could make a screen recording of what you are trying to do?

I am able to copy text from another website and paste it just fine.

1 Like

I don’t know how to. Have you increased your screen size?

From Take a screenshot on iPhone - Apple Support

Create a screen recording

You can create a screen recording and capture sound on your iPhone.

1. Go to Settings > Control Center, then tap the Insert Screen Recording button next to Screen Recording.
  2. Open Control Center, tap the Screen Recording button, then wait for the three-second countdown.
  3. To stop recording, open Control Center, tap the Selected Screen Recording button or the red status bar at the top of the screen, then tap Stop.

Go to Photos , then select your screen recording.

I haven’t. Have you done it globally in the iPhone Settings or is it only in Safari?

Edit: just tried global zoom and safari zoom and both worked just fine.

2 Likes

I know this is a small issue in the scale of things, but the gif picker still doesn’t work well.

Oh not the emoji picker but the gif picker?

Are other iOS quoting related issues OK-ish these days?

The gif picker, not the emoji picker. I’ve posted a capture showing what it does near the top.

I’ve not had any quoting issues since the fix went out.

1 Like

Just a regular reminder that the gif picker still doesn’t work right on iPhone. :frowning:

Quoting works fine for me, though.

Ditto on the quoting issue. All good on the word capture front.

1 Like

gif picker is a theme component btw, not a part of core Discourse (yet - let’s hope that changes!)

Details here:

Not sure I understand what that means - I don’t really know anything about the internals of Discourse. Are you saying it’s not part of core Discourse and it’s on someone else to fix it?

I’m saying it’s an add-on, yes, written by a third party. I think It was a side-project by one of the discourse team members to clean it up a bit to get it to the state it is in now, though.

1 Like

For me, the quote button stopped working entirely some time ago (several weeks at least). If I highlight text on any forum post, the button just doesn’t appear. This is regardless of whether or not I’ve started composing a reply. I see the same behavior on discourse.mcneel.com, which is the only other Discourse instance I currently use.

Using the js console on my macbook, i don’t see any messages when I interact with the forum – just a couple of Google Analytics-related 404s from when the page loads.

ETA disabling all content blockers has no effect on this. I’m currently on iOS 15.3.1.

Hmm. I just quoted this post on iOS. Let me check versions …

What’s the specific repro? This is in built in safari.